Hitachi X200 VFD

More
05 Apr 2016 01:01 #72756 by racedirector
Replied by racedirector on topic Hitachi X200 VFD

.comp file enclosed. There's some stdout messaging I was using for diagnostics that need to be removed.

Thanks Danny, will play this one and see what I can come up with...

Cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Jan 2017 16:53 #85021 by dannym
Replied by dannym on topic Hitachi X200 VFD
The X200 VFD has a notably serious bug here.

IF you send it a zero frequency (RPM), and enable Run mode, it will hang with isRunning=1 and spindleAtSpeed=0. IIRC it has to be literally zero, not just a freq below the minimum freq in the setup. Sending a new, valid frequency command will not make it run again.

Cycling power on the VFD will work but due to its huge internal caps it takes more than a minute of off-time. Sending the Reset command across ModBus WILL fix the condition.

I added some logic that the vfd-run pin won't be set unless rpm is above a min. I also added a VFD Reset button on pyvcp and, for kicks, a red/green button for VFD packet errors, and a short one-shot latch for "error" to guarantee it displays. This was informative, I now see the VFD does get some noisy error packets when accelerating and decelerating.

More
03 Jan 2017 06:50 - 03 Jan 2017 06:50 #85132 by racedirector
So is there a trick to getting this compiled? I just did a source install of LinuxCNC (2.7), copied the wj200_vfd folder, renamed it to x200_vfd, changed the code as required plus renamed it x200_vfd, changed the Submakefile to read x200_vfd in all positions where wj200_vfd existed and then made LCNC, The x200_vfd component DIDN'T get compiled.... and I have no idea why.

Anyone have any pointers?

Cheers
Bruce
Last edit: 03 Jan 2017 06:50 by racedirector.

More
03 Jan 2017 07:08 - 03 Jan 2017 07:09 #85133 by dannym
Replied by dannym on topic Hitachi X200 VFD
I compiled only the x200_vfd file. However, I gotta say, it was not straightforward even with help. It's not bizarre or anything but it's kinda like "a guy who knows what he's doing may not be able to blindly quote you the exact compile link but he can poke around and make it work easily enough". I was not a guy who knew what he was doing.

I don't have what actually worked written down.

I'll see if I can get the source up on sourceforge.
Last edit: 03 Jan 2017 07:09 by dannym.

More
03 Jan 2017 07:16 #85134 by racedirector
Hahaha, sounds like me.... I know just enough to be dangerous :) I am great at copy and paste but terrible at starting for scratch

More
03 Jan 2017 09:38 #85137 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Hitachi X200 VFD
The next-level-up submakefile might need instructing to look in your new folder.

But, have you tried compiling just the component with halcompile?

More
03 Jan 2017 10:54 #85138 by racedirector
Found it, hidden in the main Makefile under the src directory... all compiled now and ready to test.

Apparently you can't use halcompile due to the dependency on libmodbus

More
04 Jan 2017 12:41 #85195 by racedirector
Well I am back on my re-modified mb2hal mainly due to this components tendency to just disconnect from modbus whenever it felt like it.

Time to create page: 0.092 seconds