Help with homing mesa 7i76

More
13 Mar 2016 09:08 #71546 by Clive S
I have 3 home switches on my mill and they appear to work OK. I would like to change the HAL and or INI files to make them do home with min limit for x and y and home with max limit for z.

I have setup soft limits for all axis. I have tried to do this with PnCConf but it seems very buggy. What changes to the ini and hal files do I need to change

File Attachment:

File Name: Warco_mill.zip
File Size:5 KB
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Mar 2016 13:36 #71560 by BigJohnT

More
13 Mar 2016 13:46 #71562 by Clive S
Replied by Clive S on topic Help with homing mesa 7i76

linuxcnc.org/docs/2.7/html/config/ini-homing.html

JT

John thanks. I have read that many times and I have the mill homing ok but just setup as home But I want to set up as home + min_limit.

It is the modifications in the HAL and INI files I need to achieve this

More
15 Mar 2016 21:56 #71700 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic Help with homing mesa 7i76
I'm not really sure what your wanting to do but it sounds like you want to have the home position off the switch by a small amount? The easiest way would be to change your ini settings. If that is correct then you need to set your HOME_OFFSET for the axis.

JT

More
15 Mar 2016 23:31 #71704 by Clive S
Replied by Clive S on topic Help with homing mesa 7i76

I'm not really sure what your wanting to do but it sounds like you want to have the home position off the switch by a small amount? The easiest way would be to change your ini settings. If that is correct then you need to set your HOME_OFFSET for the axis.

JT

What I am trying to achieve is I want to use the same switch for homing and min limit. ie shared I had this working before using the pp. But now I have a 5i25 + 7176 comb and using PnCConf. But PnCConf has a bug in it that does not allow me to setup up shared homing etc.

I am asking for some sample lines of code (say for the X axis) that I need to add to the HAL file to change it from homing to shared with min limit.

Thanks

More
15 Mar 2016 23:38 - 15 Mar 2016 23:39 #71705 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic Help with homing mesa 7i76
Just set the HOME_IGNORE_LIMITS to YES and you can use the limit switch as the home switch too. I need to finish my 5i25 configurator thingy...

JT
Last edit: 15 Mar 2016 23:39 by BigJohnT.

Time to create page: 0.124 seconds