Stepper motor as spindle configuration

More
29 Jul 2016 15:01 #78142 by Max_Spencer
I have an OOTB Sherline CNC lathe. It is the complete CNC package sold by Sherline. I have the stepper motor spindle kit which allows me to physically connect a stepper motor to my spindle. This is all good. Now I need a way to be able to run the spindle (stepper motor) via some command...does not have to be M3. I need to run the spindle continuously during the program. Some other suggestions during a search says to just program it as an axis during a G1 command or similar.

I did find this old thread (www.cnczone.com/forums/linuxcnc-formerly...r-motor-spindle.html) but the topic on the linux cnc forum appears to not be in existance.

Is anyone willing to offer some points how to go about connectign my A axis to be my spindle?
Thanks a bunch!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Jul 2016 15:28 - 29 Jul 2016 15:28 #78144 by andypugh

I did find this old thread (www.cnczone.com/forums/linuxcnc-formerly...r-motor-spindle.html) but the topic on the linux cnc forum appears to not be in existance.

That thread is now here:
forum.linuxcnc.org/forum/16-stepconf-wiz...s-spindle-motor#3518

If you need both modes of operation then the answer is two stepgens, one in position mode and one in velocity mode.

You can switch between them using a mux, or if you prefer with a custom M-code that re-wires the HAL to suit.
Last edit: 29 Jul 2016 15:28 by andypugh.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.078 seconds