The program always hangs after the command M3

More
06 Aug 2016 11:47 #78407 by jaro_p
Hi,

Can someone please help with the following problem?
Whenever located in program command M3, stops the program, and it can not run further.
The tool is replaced and agree with the tool number in the program.
I provided that the program is waiting for a signal to achieve the required spindle speed.
Also in MDI mode, the M3 command switches the relay but this immediately switched off.
Pin 14 of parallel port is configured to ON (non-PWM).
I read even this forum:
forum.linuxcnc.org/forum/20-g-code/21087-m3-stops-axis-movement
Unfortunately I do not know what should I do or change.
Thank you in advance for any help.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Aug 2016 11:58 #78408 by tommylight
Just add "S ###" after the "M3", ### being whatever number, like S5 for example.
Tom

More
06 Aug 2016 12:37 #78409 by jaro_p
Not the spindle speed is always specified - S has always been stated.

More
06 Aug 2016 14:13 #78411 by tommylight
Are you using the probe fro anything? if not remove it from hal.
Do you have any tools set up in tool table? If not, set it with whatever you use for end mills or drills.
Everything else in your hal file looks all right, as far as i can tell
Tom

More
06 Aug 2016 14:57 #78412 by jaro_p
Thanks for your reply.
I use a probe to isolation milling PCB - auto leveling. But the probe is not a problem. I tried to remove - did not help. The tools are all defined.
Is there need something somehow to change this:
spindle-at-speed
...?

More
06 Aug 2016 16:13 #78415 by jaro_p
In Gmoccapy - When I click on the icon, the spindle starts to spin without problems.
Attachments:

More
06 Aug 2016 17:03 #78416 by jaro_p
Attached is an example of a program that operates without line 3. If the line 3 S1000M3 present, the program stops on the line 7th.
Attachments:

More
06 Aug 2016 19:11 #78417 by Todd Zuercher
I think the problem might be the spindle at speed, You have it connected to a signal, but that signal isn't connected to anything
net spindle-at-speed => motion.spindle-at-speed
If you are going to use that pin I think you need to connect it to a digital output from your vfd.
Try this as a test, start a milling file, and while the machine paused after a spindle start command, open Halshow (in the AXIS menu under Machine/Show HAL Configuration) then in the Test Hal Command box type
sets spindle-at-speed true
Then press Execute.
If the file then resumes running you need to connect an output to the "spindle-at-speed" signal. This can be either a proper digital signal from your VFD or a dummy signal from a delay timer. (or just comment out or remove the line "net spindle-at-speed => motion.spindle-at-speed" in your hal file (if you can live with the program not waiting for the spindle to get up to speed). Alternatively you can live with out a spindle up to speed signal by simply programming a G4 pause command in the G-code after your spindle starts.

More
06 Aug 2016 20:37 #78418 by tommylight
Yup, i searched for over half hour and could not find it, and the machine that actually uses that is far from me so i need to get it tomorrow.
Basally i have spindle-at-speed linked to a input pin from paraport, so nothing moves until it gets that signal ( in my case an ARC_OK ).

More
07 Aug 2016 08:10 #78430 by jaro_p
Thanks for your reply.

After typing: sets spindle-at-speed true
resumes program run.
Deleting a "net spindle-at-speed => motion.spindle-at-speed" in the configuration file ends with an error message.
Inserting a G4 pause will not help.
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.191 seconds