TG Error Yasnac 4th & 5th axis

More
07 Aug 2016 07:18 - 07 Aug 2016 07:22 #78429 by schmidtmotorworks
I am trying to set up 4th and 5th axis Tsudakoma rotary tables about 10" diameter.

I am connecting it for the first time and every time I turn the servos on, A axis turns the motor about 180 degrees (before any command is entered).

I can't see inside the B drive so I don't know if the motor is moving.

The TG error light goes ON on A and B drives. (X,Y,Z are OK)
The other drives are the same model with the same connections and they are working OK.
I have been trying to figure out what could be different about A &B for about 3 weeks now.

I wonder if it could be the ini file, I have checked and rechecked every connection at least 20 times and I am running out of ideas.

Does anyone know of a known good ini file for a rotary table with a DC servo motor?
Last edit: 07 Aug 2016 07:22 by schmidtmotorworks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Aug 2016 04:04 #78557 by schmidtmotorworks
I was able to overcome the TG error by some combination of the following:

1. In the ini file, reducing the input scale from something like 25400 that was used for the linear axis down to 5500.
I have not done the math yet to see what it should be exactly but at least I have approximate agreement between the jog input dial and the digital readout in axis.

2. Adjust ini file as follows:
Reduced P from 200 that was used for the linear axis down to 100.
Set all the others down to 0 for now.

3. Trial and error of combinations of reversing the following:
a. The TG tachometer wires
b. The signal wires from the 7i48 to the servo drive.

As I cycled through those experiments it went from spinning the drive motor 180 degrees and error out with TG in a fraction of a second.
To moving more slowly with a coarse sound and error out with OC (over current alarm)
To moving smoothly with good control from the hand wheel.

Now one rotary axis is at least moving.

When I get the other one moving then tune them both I will post the files.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.086 seconds