What kind of homeswitch do i need?

More
10 Jan 2017 06:43 #85558 by Holzwurm56
Hello PCW,
I understand your answer not at the first time, now I know what you mean. The switch is not overrun.

Thanks

Hans

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jan 2017 11:49 #85561 by rodw
If you end up using proximity switches, this is an idea I had that is working well for me on a gantry machine. Not sure if you can adapt it.

You can see the hard stop on the left at the end of the linear rails.The gantry has 3 proximity switches in a row. The outer ones are min and max limits. The inner one is the home switch and its read head is set lower than the limit sensors. Limit sensors see the higher part which is a piece of 10mm x 10mm square steel bar welded to the 25 x 5mm flat bar.. The home switch sees the 5mm high mounting tab. It has plenty of room to decelerate. The hard stops prevent the home sensor crashing into the sensor bracket. I can home at either end of the gantry. I was very pleased with this idea I came up with.

More
10 Jan 2017 13:10 - 10 Jan 2017 13:11 #85564 by Holzwurm56
Hello rodw,
many thanks for your answer my home and endswitch are similar your switches, only diffrence is i have
one endswitch for both sides. Mechanical and electrical is the home switch o. k., I set the homing seqence
very slow and the homing sequence works, but very poor, when the axis moves in the home switch the axis edge ups.
( I don't know, it's the correct word in German ruckeln ), and moves then in the latch direction.

Thanks
Hans
Last edit: 10 Jan 2017 13:11 by Holzwurm56.

More
10 Jan 2017 13:29 #85567 by rodw
Hans, I'm sure there is a German version but the homing documentation in English is here
linuxcnc.org/docs/html/config/ini-homing.html

Using a minus sign (eg. -100) does change the direction of travel. I did have some problems with direction for both the axis configuration and the homing sequence. I think they are linked to some extent so you may need to edit both. Also if you are using a shared home switch, make sure you move so it is no longer active before homing completes.

I'm not using mechanical switches.

Good luck. I'm sure I know far less German than you do English. I did do it at school in 1974 but I've forgotten 99.99% of what I learnt!

More
10 Jan 2017 15:44 #85574 by Holzwurm56
Hello rodw, Hello pcw,
many thanks for your answers. I have three home switches for every axis one and limit three switches for every axes one, but on every axis is only one limit switch for the + and - direction.

Thanks
Hans

More
12 Jan 2017 21:02 #85668 by Holzwurm56
Hello PCW,
you write the homeswitch had to be debounce. In the microcontroller programming a switch can be debounce with software.
Is this possible in Linuxcnc to debounce the homeswitch with software too?
Can you tell me in what kind of way i can do this?

Thanks

Hans

More
12 Jan 2017 21:22 #85671 by Todd Zuercher
Yes Linuxcnc has a way to debounce an input. With the debounce hal component.
linuxcnc.org/docs/html/hal/rtcomps.html#_debounce

More
13 Jan 2017 11:28 #85685 by Holzwurm56
Hello,
an other user in this forum had the same problem. I use his debounce code and make some reference drives with a higher speed and there was no error messages.

Thanks for your help

Hans

Time to create page: 0.531 seconds