odd/nonexistant homing behavior

More
15 Jun 2017 13:07 #94532 by andypugh
Try adding dummy AXIS_X and JOINT_0 sections.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Jun 2017 15:16 #94588 by JR1050
I tried adding the joint and axes to the ini, same result. If you watch the beginning of the video, the y has to be clicked on in order to jog or home it, that was not the case when it was just x, the axis letter on the gui was not grayed out as it is now. I dont think this has anything to with the rspi and i think the new driver works correctly. In the past, i have used encoder inputs for mpg's, with only defining [ AXIS_6] as the encoder to be used and defining the resolution.

Why and how would the settings on one axis keep another from searching for home? Thanks as usual.

More
16 Jun 2017 15:28 #94589 by andypugh

Why and how would the settings on one axis keep another from searching for home? Thanks as usual.

I don't know, but it is possible that the homing code would give up looking for JOINT_1 after failing to find JOINT_0.

Have you tried JOINTS=1, trivkins coordinates=Y so that JOINT_0 maps to AXIS_Y ?

More
16 Jun 2017 16:08 #94591 by JR1050
problem with that is, joint 0 has an encoder on it that is used for angular position sense, the linear axis letter doesn't matter, it could be R!! If i have an encoder on a linear axis , i get a following error. I initially tried using x as the linear axis and the joint 0 (X) encoder, if i moved the axis with out moving the encoder, I get following errors. Im gonna hit PCW up for a new bit file with 2 encoders, make X the linear axis and put the encoder on the joint 1. That should solve the problem. It seems that both mpg spindles go after axis's that have to be homed.

More
16 Jun 2017 17:40 #94607 by andypugh

problem with that is, joint 0 has an encoder on it that is used for angular position sense, the linear axis letter doesn't matter, it could be R!! If i have an encoder on a linear axis , i get a following error.

You only get a following error if you set up the system to check for following error.

You can make the f-error limits huge, or you can simply not connect the feedback in HAL (ie, connect axis.N.motor-position-cmd directly to axis.N.motor-position-fb )

More
16 Jun 2017 18:38 #94618 by Todd Zuercher
I still don't understand why a non driven encoder needs to be configured as a joint or axis. Just read the encoder and do what you will with it's position values, but otherwise leave it alone.

Linuxcnc does not have to have the encoder assigned to anything to be able to read it's position values.

Time to create page: 0.114 seconds