Change default path following to G61?

More
06 Nov 2017 17:58 #101446 by rogerxue
Is there a way to change the default path following mode to exact? i.e. G61 instead of the blend mode?

thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Nov 2017 23:27 #101470 by BigJohnT
Yes, have each G code program have a good preamble to set up the environment as you need it.
gnipsel.com/linuxcnc/g-code/gen01.html

JT

More
06 Nov 2017 23:38 #101471 by rogerxue
thanks for the reply, is there a place I can put the preamble in so each file don't need to have it?

More
06 Nov 2017 23:39 #101472 by BigJohnT
Well you could have a subroutine with the preamble and call it at the start of each G code file.

JT

More
06 Nov 2017 23:47 #101474 by rogerxue
I found this: linuxcnc.org/docs/2.6/html/config/ini_co...sub:RS274NGC-section
seems it is the right place to put the preamble ?
It says: "This is not a substitute for specifying modal g-codes at the top of each ngc file" does that mean each file can override the preamble?

More
06 Nov 2017 23:51 #101475 by BigJohnT
Exactly, never rely on the settings to be as you want after you run a G code file. Always put the preamble in each G code file.

JT

More
06 Nov 2017 23:55 #101476 by rogerxue
makes sense, but it would be nice to have a fall back default value, in case I forgot to include anything in the G file. In my case, I want to use G61 instead of the default blend mode. Is the RS274NGC the right place to put the default value?

More
08 Nov 2017 15:03 #101521 by bevins
Put it in your preample in your post processor of your CAM....no?

More
09 Nov 2017 13:13 #101549 by andypugh

makes sense, but it would be nice to have a fall back default value, in case I forgot to include anything in the G file. In my case, I want to use G61 instead of the default blend mode. Is the RS274NGC the right place to put the default value?

If you forget to put it in the first G-code file of the day then the INI file section will work.
But after you have run G-code, all bets are off about machine state.

More
09 Nov 2017 15:27 #101560 by Todd Zuercher
One thing that could be done, that would always work. You could create a script that inserts the line or lines of G-code you want at the start of every file when it is loaded. If you needed different settings in a file, having those codes already in the file, would override the inserted codes for that file, as they would be executed after the inserted codes.

Time to create page: 0.175 seconds