What represents, or what should I expect from, a well tuned servo system?

More
16 Apr 2018 15:24 #109127 by PCW
PCW replied the topic: What represents, or what should I expect from, a well tuned servo system?
AFAIK signals are only created by net commands in hal files, (or via halcmd) though there can be
many hal files in a particular configuration
More
20 Apr 2018 23:25 - 20 Apr 2018 23:26 #109360 by DeckelHead
DeckelHead replied the topic: What represents, or what should I expect from, a well tuned servo system?
Things are really picking up (finally) and going both well and smoothly. I am almost done with my HAL files, I think. I am down to just a few nits that I don't know how to handle...

One of these is how to handle something like my air pressure sensor. I want it to prevent my control from turning on. I think I can do that fairly easily, but there is a catch... When you have a motion error (like a following error) you get TWO experiences. The first is that the control shuts off. The second is that you get an error message. I'd like the same type of thing with my air pressure switch. I don't need an 'LED' on the control panel because I really don't care about the sensor. But if there is no pressure and I try to start the machine, *then* I want to know why.

How does one create an error message associated with a pin?

Another use case, by the way, is the fault line being returned by my VFD. Ordinarily,I don't really care about it (why waste the real estate for something that is always green?). But if there is a VFD fault, *then* that error message is important.
Last Edit: 20 Apr 2018 23:26 by DeckelHead.
More
21 Apr 2018 02:15 #109366 by rodw
rodw replied the topic: What represents, or what should I expect from, a well tuned servo system?
Try this.
linuxcnc.org/docs/html/man/man9/message.9.html

Also, you can create an estop chain in software using estop_latch to include a seperate input that triggers an e-stop. Its not well documented anywhere but I did work it out and share an example here somewhere.
Moderators: Rick G
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds