7i92M, AXIS & no stepper movement

More
23 Apr 2018 02:58 #109478 by PCW
You could do that but if you are not familiar with INI/HAL files it would be much easier to get the proper cable.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Apr 2018 03:14 #109479 by smplc
I thought someone from Mesa mentioned P1 and P2 didn't matter but maybe a mistranslation or abstract to what else was getting examined. I could probably try P2 whenever obtaining a ribbon each end 25 pin D-SUB female. I'd be willing to try an edit if it's identifiable enough and any more convenient. Is the specific location of P2 known in .ini and or .hal files?

I edited the DirHold and DirSetUp both to 20000 among motors 0, 1 and 2 at My7i92.ini file. Manual and toggled .100 increments and still no physical stepper motor movement.

More
23 Apr 2018 20:50 #109505 by smplc
Is Port and Pin Outputs in hm2-pidstepper.hal somewhere? It appears not unless different syntax. Should Port and Pin Outputs get inserted in hm2-pidstepper.hal?

More
23 Apr 2018 21:03 #109506 by PCW
Basically no, unlike parallel port configurations, the hardware stepgen outputs are on fixed pins for a given
firmware, so if you use the correct connector and firmware everything should just work.

More
23 Apr 2018 22:18 #109510 by smplc
The C10 breakout board only has one input DB25. Known is that 7i92 has P1 and P2 outputs. Presently, using P1 IDC26. The C11G firmware should be okay. It's pins 2 through 7, Step and Dir are same as C10 and both same brand. I suppose try P2 DB25. It appears StepGen at Timing Parameter and only motor numbers identified. I wasn't sure if StepGen and zeros would trace pin numbers with 7i92 firmware visa versa. It reminds me of StepGen at .hal file. I suppose .hal and .ini correspond with one another. I'd have to put a ribbon and each end DB25 on order.

More
23 Apr 2018 22:23 #109511 by PCW
Yes, the simplest solution is to get the proper cable from P2 to your breakout

More
29 Apr 2018 03:39 - 29 Apr 2018 22:52 #109788 by smplc
A new 1' cable with DB25 male and female each end arrived. It's plugged into 7i92 and BOB. AXIS mill module toggled .1000 increments and motors rotated. I haven't checked table movement and accuracy with a test indicator or travel dial yet.

Selecting X and Z axis are opposite when toggling table. Do My7i92 .ini and .hal files get edited and replace motor 0 with Z and motor 2 with X?

Before MDI all axis require to be homed. This could be a clearance factor and registry. I don't have limiting switches. It appears My7i92.ini file could have edit able soft limits. Default their Min -30. and Max 30. These would be too much travel. When Executing AXIS does it immediatly and automatically zero home all axis at present still position. I guess the axis could get toggled middle of their travel as leeway and rapid overrides decreased before homing all axis in case to intercept.
Last edit: 29 Apr 2018 22:52 by smplc.

More
01 May 2018 22:40 #109962 by smplc
My BOB pins 2 and 3 are Z and 6 and 7 X due to CNC box outlet connectors, screen print and stepper driver positioning. I'd imagine that the .hal of hostmot2 file was made with motor order X, Y and Z which, could compare pins sequence easily 2 through 7. My CNC box outlet connectors are circular, easily interchangeable and just swap connection of motors to match pins if correctional.

Time to create page: 0.125 seconds