Combined home and limit does not work on Y axis

More
24 Apr 2018 20:43 - 24 Apr 2018 20:45 #109562 by bally123
Strange issue commissioning my home and limits.

Y axis has 1 limit switch so its combined as both limits and home - net both-home-y <= hm2_5i25.0.7i76.0.0.input-04-not
but the switch is ignored in homing??

I monitored switch in Hal and confirmed the signal both-home-y changes state when switch is made but the axis simply continues in search direction at search velocity.

As a test I then changed hal to use Max-home-y net max-home-y <= hm2_5i25.0.7i76.0.0.input-04-not and Y axis homed fine ???.

It appears the machine is not happy with a single switch combined as both limits and home -
My research indicates that during homing the limits are disabled, so given that Hal confirms a state change during homing what am I missing?

X axis has 2 limit switches and a home switch - works fine
Z axis has 2 limit switches with Z+ combined home - works fine

Switches are wired to fail safe so the inputs are inverted in Hal

Appreciate any input.....
Last edit: 24 Apr 2018 20:45 by bally123.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Apr 2018 21:18 #109563 by rodw
A couple of tricks I found setting up a shared home/limit switch

My INi settings for that axis. You can try commenting out the HOME_IGNORE_LIMITS = 1
HOME_IS_SHARED = 1
HOME_IGNORE_LIMITS = 1

Also you need to set a home offset so the axis is moved off the limit switch before setting its final home position otherwise you will get a limit switch error straight after homing (0.5mm works for my machine)
HOME_OFFSET = 0.5

More
24 Apr 2018 21:29 #109564 by PCW
Is it that the signal "both-home-y"
is not connected to the proper motion pins? (that is both of motions home and appropriate limit switch input pins)
Can you post your hal file?

More
25 Apr 2018 20:12 #109611 by bally123
Guys thanks so much for your input.

I checked the ini file and added HOME_IS_SHARED = yes

Then looked in Hal file and found the Y axis was configured for min and max+home being attached to the motion pins. Rather than both-home-y being attached

So I changed this to:

# ---setup home / limit switch signals---

net both-home-y => axis.1.home-sw-in
net both-home-y => axis.1.neg-lim-sw-in
net both-home-y => axis.1.pos-lim-sw-in

All working is well now,.,,PCW your suggestion was right on the money...;)

I guess this was all result of editing the hal files rather than using Pncconf to modify my machine set up. On the plus side I am learning lots more about hal and the MESA setup so it's all good.

This machine is close to cutting metal now....just a bit of shiming on the Z axis bearings first.

Cheers

Andy

Time to create page: 0.065 seconds