plasma arc goes out mid cut.... how to pause program, reprobe, and restart?

More
24 Oct 2018 20:58 - 24 Oct 2018 21:17 #119359 by Grotius
Rodw,

Thanks for your knowlegde. You are very clever Rod / Master Kenobi.

The most easy way is integrate all used / user needed speeds into the component. Only the Cutspeed was outside the component left.
So i will write some code. It's not much work. It's still very clean THC2 code. I like this !

I have also an idea....

The adaptive feed is 1 at 100% program speed.
I have a trick to make an adaptive feed override. Haha.

The user gui adaptive speed button is -1 to 1.
-1 is max reverse on gcode path, 1 is max forward on gcode path, 0 is like pause. Only the external offsets are working.. You know that. If torch up signal is active, the torch will follow the command in pause. I will check this in practical way coming day's.

Okey the max value is 1, passed to linuxcnc. If we pass 2 it will go for factor 1. But master input is G0. So output
on G1 is what we want. In fact we set G1 = G0 at initialisation / linuxcnc startup.
We make the user gui button to factor 2. So the machine can go 200% speed on adaptive. This is great news.
We make this possibility happen in the THC2 component.

You maybe think. How can you put more then the value 1 in the adaptive speed area....
We read the value 1 to 2 in the THC component. We transfer this to master speed output control between m3 and m5.

Jimmy, sorry for hacking your thread.
Last edit: 24 Oct 2018 21:17 by Grotius.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Oct 2018 22:37 #119370 by rodw

Jimmy, sorry for hacking your thread.

Me too.

Grotius, But if you make your component, python screen handler and the remap play together nicely you can set your cut speed from the GUI and Gcode S command which is very cool.

On the subject of Reverse Run, Andy posted a link to this example inching back and forth with a jog wheel with reverse run...

More
25 Oct 2018 12:53 #119388 by andypugh

When using a gcode cutspeed variable i mentioned something.
We start a gcode program with loaded cutspeed parameter from user gui. The cutspeed parameter is for example 2800 mm/min.
The parameter is passed trough hal into the gcode.
The parameter is only loaded at the begin (loading / reloading) of the program. So when i change the parameter during cutting, nothing happens.

Yes, that is the way G-code works. The interpreter assigns a feed rate to every move in the programme and those moves are queued up and run in sequence. By the time the arc is struck it is likely that the F word is encoded in all the moves the moves are queued up in the motion queue and the interpreter has finished.

To change the cut speed _during_ cutting you need to use the feed-override or adaptive-feed HAL pins.

It is too late to change the speed in G-code once the code is running.

The highlighted line in the GUI indicates which line of G-code the currently executing canonical command was derived from. It can give the impression that the interpreter is currently interpreting that line, but it isn't.

Time to create page: 0.126 seconds