Using TOOL_CHANGE_POSITION the tool change is not executed anymore

More
26 Dec 2018 11:02 #122904 by mydani
Hello all,

I was using the standard toolchange commands on my CNC lathe tool changer for some time, but now its time to ensure a proper position for the tool change operation. So I entered TOOL_CHANGE_POSITION = 0 0 0 into the ini and thought that's it.

Unfortunately, what happens now is, whenever I start a command like M6 T2, the carriage starts to rapid to x 0 and z 0, however it stops after about a second. And that's it. I can see the process is stuck as all other buttons in GMOCCAPY are greyed out until I hit escape.
I also cannot start a second command, nothing will happen.

Do you guys have an idea what's going wrong here?

Thanks,
Daniel!

PS: Using remap and python I already helped myself, that's fine. Just curious what the issue is with the tool_change_position...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Dec 2018 12:34 #122908 by MaHa
I have never used gmoccapy, but in my fading memory something showed up. You could try a stanza CHANGE_POSITION and some entrys like x =
comment the other one

More
26 Dec 2018 22:38 #122932 by newbynobi
I will need your config to check what is going on. I tested with a sim config and i can use a toolchange possition.

Do you get any special message in a terminal?
Are your machine able to go to y0?

Norbert

More
29 Dec 2018 12:39 #123070 by mydani
Hello Norbert,

my machine is only working in Z and X (typ. lathe). It will start the rapid to the tool change position, go all the way in x, but not in z. Then the complete procedure is stuck. There's no special message.

Regards,
Daniel

More
31 Dec 2018 16:01 #123218 by OT-CNC
Any chance the spindle is not up to speed? I'm taking a wild guess here as I have seen the axis gui look like it's locked up but it was basically pausing the g code and waiting for the spindle to reach the programmed speed. If you have a unrealistic S number it will sit there.

Time to create page: 0.122 seconds