problems with touch plate

More
22 Jun 2019 13:22 #137585 by rotccapt
Hello all I have been trying to get a z touch-off plate set up on my machine for a long time and it is still not working. I have tried several different ideas and still cant get them to work.
Here is the latest tutorial that I have been trying to make work. I believe that I have all the configurations correct except the debounce (axis would not launch when it was in the code so I just deleted it) axis now will launch and I get my touch off button.

Once I start the sub routine, it will begin by heading down towards my plate and just as it touches, I get a flag. (probe triggered during non probe midi move) I have tested this off the machine in the middle of the travel and it works fine but not when actually attached to the spindle and at the top of my work surface.

Thank you for your time.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jun 2019 13:46 #137586 by MaHa
Replied by MaHa on topic problems with touch plate
Maybe the machine stops slow, or there is a spring back of the touch plate. Try replace the tool with a dowel, run singleblock, abort when trigered. Then retract with small increments to see, how much is needed to release the plate.
Maybe slower feed for touch, and faster lift off.

More
23 Jun 2019 00:44 #137624 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic problems with touch plate
It sounds like maybe you do need the debounce. My guess is that the probe is triggering a few times. The first time the probe move stops, then LinuxCNC starts a normal move, and during that normal move there is a second (or third) probe event.

It is possible to interlock the probe signal in HAL so that it is only active during probe moves. Though I am not sure that doing that is a good idea.

More
23 Jun 2019 01:15 #137630 by JohnnyCNC
Replied by JohnnyCNC on topic problems with touch plate
This is how I have the debounce setup on my probe. My touch-plate has a spring loaded contact surface and a button to start the probe process.

#limits debounce to stop false triggers
loadrt debounce cfg=2,1 #change to the number you want
setp debounce.0.delay 100 #this sets the delay 100 iterations of the servo-thread
addf debounce.0 servo-thread

net deb-probe-in debounce.0.0.in <= hm2_5i25.0.7i76.0.0.input-05-not  Touch plate contact surface.
net probe-in debounce.0.0.out
net probe-in => motion.probe-input
net run-touch-btn <= hm2_5i25.0.7i76.0.0.input-06 => halui.mdi-command-04  Physical probe start button.

Time to create page: 0.135 seconds