Align workbed of cnc router with whats in Linux Screen

More
23 Jun 2020 09:09 #172451 by 14thebin
Cnc Router 1200 with Linux Craftsman controller. Even though I X,Y,Z zero the table the position of the tool is off compared with what I see on screen. The work piece is also hanging over the red box showing the machine table.
Can you point me to a video that can help this poor schoolteacher who is time and training poor.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Jun 2020 09:13 #172452 by Aciera
Sounds like you need to set your home position and machine limits in the INI. Posting your config files here will greatly increase our ability to help.

More
23 Jun 2020 10:31 #172458 by 14thebin
Ok thanks, so how do I find the config files and which one?
It seems to work for so long then it gets out of step and the more you try to home it the more screwy it goes.
Thanks again from little old NZ

More
23 Jun 2020 11:05 #172462 by Aciera
In your linuxcnc folder there is a folder called configs. Inside that should be a folder for your machine. Best would be to zip that and attach here or at the very least we need the files ending in .hal and .ini.
So are you saying this router used to work an now suddenly doesn't anymore or are you trying to do a fresh set up?

More
23 Jun 2020 16:09 #172482 by tommylight

Cnc Router 1200 with Linux Craftsman controller. Even though I X,Y,Z zero the table the position of the tool is off compared with what I see on screen. The work piece is also hanging over the red box showing the machine table.
Can you point me to a video that can help this poor schoolteacher who is time and training poor.

That sounds like there are active offsets in use, so a screenshot might help.

Time to create page: 0.065 seconds