Spindle Control with Huanyang VFD Using RS485

More
14 Sep 2020 19:53 #182123 by Doogood
Hey all. This is my first post and I am looking for help getting my spindle running.

I have a Huanyang VFD connected to my PC with Usb to RS485 converter. The spindle does not turn whether I use manual control, or by mdi commands. I tried running the spindle with the pair of wires going from the converter to vfd with terminals positive to positive/negative to negative, and positive to negative, with the same result.

The vfd settings for RS485 communication were set as follows: PD001 = 2, PD002 = 2, PD163 = 1, PD164 = 1, PD165 = 3.
I added code to the Custom.hal file based on the information provide in Marco Reps on the web. I have attached the Custom.hal, Custom_postgui.hal, my_linuxcnc_machine.ini/.hal files.

The vfd is new and when PD001 & 002 are set to 0 for operator mode the spindle runs properly.

My experience with Linuxcnc, programming and electronics is limited, so any help offered is appreciated.

Thanks
Bill
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
More
16 Sep 2020 15:28 #182445 by slc
Here is a list of links I kept after getting my spindle working a few years ago. Some of them are good, some are outdated, some are irrelevant but the info is buried in here somewhere.

ttps://wapl.es/cnc/2015/12/04/huanyang-linuxcnc-2.7-speed-control.html

wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?VFD_Modbus
forum.linuxcnc.org/49-basic-configuratio...vfd-control?start=10
linuxcnc.org/docs/html/man/man1/hy_vfd.1.html
www.cnczone.com/forums/phase-converters/...e-7.html#post_704008

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.083 seconds