Adding a second Y axis homing switch on a parallel port setup

More
27 Sep 2020 20:11 #184023 by DaveInConesus
A couple weeks ago I finally dove in and set up a homing switch on the other side of the gantry on my Gatton CNC. I had a lot of help from the EMC Users mailing list and thought it might be a good idea to keep notes. This was done on a 3 axis wood cutting machine that has motors on both sides of the Y axis gantry. The starting point was a Stepconf generated configuration for three existing homing switches and everything was done on the release version of 2.8. My main reason for adding the second switch was for gantry auto alignment in case something strange happened.

If you find any errors in the attached doc please let me know. I have already dropped it on a couple of the facebook groups. Attachment was converted from .odt to .doc to allow upload but appears to have converted OK.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Oct 2020 16:52 #184846 by tommylight
Would have preferred the .odt instead of the .doc , after all we all here use Linux so we can open odt files.
Anyway, when saving as .doc, do save them as word97 documents as any other type with have issues on the opening side depending on what version of the Office suite they are using.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.096 seconds