No Home All button in Axis

More
02 Oct 2020 12:00 #184567 by rogerfries
From reading other posts I believe this is an error in my homing configuration so this button in not displayed. I suspect this issue relates to my 4th axis. This machine is a Bridgeport knee mill with a rotary 4th axis (A) which spends most of it's life on the floor next to the machine unplugged. I have my XYZ where I can home them individually. Z is Home search sequence 0, X is 1, Y is 2, A is 3. When I home all I want X,Y,& Z to seek to home and A to just Home where it is. Am I on track or totally off base?

Thanks!

File Attachment:

File Name: Boss5_2020-10-02.hal
File Size:13 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: Boss5_2020-10-02.ini
File Size:5 KB
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Oct 2020 17:06 #184585 by tommylight

More
02 Oct 2020 17:54 #184596 by rogerfries
I'm afraid the RTFM was not helpful, I've read that document and I have no idea what it says! All of this documentation is reference documentation and is only useful to somebody who already knows the system. That HAL code makes no sense to me and I can't even find that section in my HAL file.

More
02 Oct 2020 18:08 - 02 Oct 2020 18:10 #184598 by Aciera
Replied by Aciera on topic No Home All button in Axis

A valid HOME_SEQUENCE number should usually be included since omitting a HOME_SEQUENCE eliminates the joint from HOME ALL behavior as noted above.

You have not configured your home sequence in your INI.

In your X-axis section:
HOME_SEQUENCE = 1

In your Y-axis section:
HOME_SEQUENCE = 2

In your Z-axis section:
HOME_SEQUENCE = 0

In your A-axis section:
HOME_SEARCH_VEL = 0
HOME_LATCH_VEL = 0
HOME_USE_INDEX = NO
HOME_SEQUENCE = 0 (or other valid sequence number)
Last edit: 02 Oct 2020 18:10 by Aciera.
The following user(s) said Thank You: johnmc1, centreline

More
02 Oct 2020 20:03 #184615 by rogerfries
Humm, I specified those values in pncconf. Do I also need to manually add them to the .ini file manually??

More
02 Oct 2020 21:33 #184627 by tommylight
Everything Aciera wrote is missing from your ini file, they have to be added manually or by editing the config in pncconf, but it is easier to edit it.

More
03 Oct 2020 01:02 #184655 by BeagleBrainz
Well rather than “RTFM”, which is a bit rude, is no help, talk about which bits you don’t understand.
Not only will this help you but help the devs make them understandable to a wider audience.
Help is a two way street.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hoffb77

More
03 Oct 2020 03:16 #184658 by rogerfries
Perhaps there is an error in the pncconf wizard? Or more likely I've done something wrong. I'll certianly go back and try editing my ini file directly , but shoulden't the screen shots below have worked? Thanks

Attachments:

More
05 Oct 2020 01:40 #184904 by rogerfries
I added those lines to the HAL file and I did get it working, but I needed to put them under the joint section, not the axis section. What is the joint anyway? How is it different than an axis? there seem to be duplicate entries for the limits in both the axis section and the joint section. Should the limits be duplicated in both sections? It's working so I guess it does not matter.

Thanks

More
05 Oct 2020 06:14 #184931 by cmorley
Replied by cmorley on topic No Home All button in Axis
i believe you have an A axis with no homing switches. It's why pncconf didn't set the home sequence. I have modified pncconf to ignore the A axis home switch requirement.

joints are the motors that are required to make an axis move.
Some axis require more then one motor (joint)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aciera, BeagleBrainz

Time to create page: 0.150 seconds