ATC code works great in isolation, all kinds of problems in program

More
08 Nov 2020 03:52 - 08 Nov 2020 05:38 #188646 by JetForMe
I've got my tool changer working great in isolation, but when I try to run a program that changes tools, all sorts of things go wrong.

I've attached the files. The REMAP subrouting, and the two subroutines it calls (lt and ut to load and unload tools).

Things that go wrong:
  1. When I load a program, while it's scanning through the file, it tries to load the first tool. Or rather, it calls my loading code, but doesn't move the machine, and because my code waits for a tool-lock signal, it aborts.
  2. I can continue from this. Sometimes, it starts the tool change procedure, moves over the tool pocket, and then just stops moving. My code reports no errors, and program execution doesn't stop. The machine simply doesn't move.

Any ideas what might be causing this, or how to handle it?
Attachments:
Last edit: 08 Nov 2020 05:38 by JetForMe. Reason: Added files

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Nov 2020 04:46 #188648 by bevins

I've got my tool changer working great in isolation, but when I try to run a program that changes tools, all sorts of things go wrong.

I've attached the files. The REMAP subrouting, and the two subroutines it calls (lt and ut to load and unload tools).

Things that go wrong:
  1. When I load a program, while it's scanning through the file, it tries to load the first tool. Or rather, it calls my loading code, but doesn't move the machine, and because my code waits for a tool-lock signal, it aborts.
  2. I can continue from this. Sometimes, it starts the tool change procedure, moves over the tool pocket, and then just stops moving. My code reports no errors, and program execution doesn't stop. The machine simply doesn't move.

Any ideas what might be causing this, or how to handle it?

I don't see any files attached.

Is it a python remap by chance? It sounds like it is not checking whether it is in mill task or not.

More
08 Nov 2020 05:39 - 08 Nov 2020 05:42 #188650 by JetForMe

Is it a python remap by chance? It sounds like it is not checking whether it is in mill task or not.

Oh, so sorry! They're attached now.

It is not a Python remap; it's Gcode. Something like that makes sense, but does it need to be done in Gcode as well?

EDIT: I found the discussion around this concept: linuxcnc.org/docs/html/remap/remap.html#...apped-code-execution

Thank you, I should be able to fix issue #1. Not sure about issue #2. But I had to restart the machine for other reasons, and that hasn't happened again.
Last edit: 08 Nov 2020 05:42 by JetForMe.

More
08 Nov 2020 13:33 - 08 Nov 2020 14:26 #188663 by bevins

Oh, so sorry! They're attached now.

I dont see anything that screams wrong...... I am thinking when you fix your milltask issue that should fix it maybe. The interpreter sometimes just ignores your commands in remap, if everything is not as it should be. I have struggled with that at times.

/EDIT load your ini, remap and toplevel files.
Last edit: 08 Nov 2020 14:26 by bevins.

More
08 Nov 2020 15:51 #188668 by rootboy
Have you modified your EMCIO section of your machine.ini file to include:

"TOOL_CHANGE_POSITION = 0 0 0"

(change the 0 0 0 to wherever your home position is).

forum.linuxcnc.org/49-basic-configuratio...-move-to-home#188561

More
08 Nov 2020 23:52 #188708 by bevins

Have you modified your EMCIO section of your machine.ini file to include:

"TOOL_CHANGE_POSITION = 0 0 0"

(change the 0 0 0 to wherever your home position is).

forum.linuxcnc.org/49-basic-configuratio...-move-to-home#188561

This shoulkdnt have anything to do with his remap situation. This simply moves the machine to the XYZ coords when toolchange is called.

More
09 Nov 2020 04:05 #188717 by rootboy
You are correct.

From how I interpreted the problem, I took the problem to likely be a "Not at Home" issue based on this line: " it calls my loading code, but doesn't move the machine".

Looking at it again, the machine in question could easily be the tool changer itself rather than the mill.

Time to create page: 0.143 seconds