Total Beginner - Desperate for Help - Huanyang VFD

More
28 Nov 2020 11:11 #190505 by AlexDoran
Hello everyone, im new to the forum and very new to LinuxCNC.

I loved the look of LinuxCNC and have moved over yesterday from a DDCSV1.1 Controller (which had issues).

I have the basic setup working, i can Move & Home all Axis and Run programs from LinuxCNC, im yet to setup a Z Probe - I never had that on the DDCSV1.1 Anyway.

My Main problem right now is that i cannot get 1 - 10v analogue output from the 5 Axis Breakout Board to work correctly. I have the Forward Relay Closing correctly but the spindle does not start, and i am 99% sure this is because it is not being told which speed to run at correctly.

This is how i have everything wired:

https://ibb.co/F3V7yGm

This is correct.

Also this is the board i am using:

www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B079126YNT/r...02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Now i found some post on here from a while ago where someone has had the same problem, in typical fashion they never came back and updated the thread. But someone posted some HAL file entries in there that would supposedly get it to work properly - this made LinuxCNC not open for me with HAL Errors.

Can anyone please help me try and figure this out? I spent nearly 8 hours yesterday trying to figure this out and unless i can get it to work i am going to have to go back to the DDCSV which i really do not want to do.

Many Thanks

Alex

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Nov 2020 11:51 #190509 by Aciera
Please post your hal and ini or, even better, zip up your config folder and post that. Also when you report having hal errors you need to post those as well because it prvides details about the issues that cause them.

More
28 Nov 2020 12:11 #190512 by AlexDoran
Hi and thanks for the reply, i have attached the Zip File:

drive.google.com/file/d/1A8CkVoLPs63g80g...4By/view?usp=sharing

I only had HAL errors when attempting to copy HAL entries from another thread - i think this was because their spindle components had different names, i have no HAL errors currently.

Thanks Again

More
28 Nov 2020 15:43 #190522 by Aciera
Hm, can't see anything wrong with that.
Maybe connect the +10V Output of your VFD directly to the analog in (VI) and see if you can turn the spindle on and off.
If that works then you need to measure what's coming out of that boards 0-10V terminal.

More
28 Nov 2020 17:32 #190533 by AlexDoran
Hi Aciera,

After mulling over this for another hour or two earlier, I eventually went back to basics and checked all wiring.

For some reason the 4 core CY cable I had been using for nearly 2 years, had a broken wire internally, so when the relay was closing it was actually setting the spindle to forward......

Cannot believe I wasted so many hours looking in the wrong place.

Now I have some I reference issues, wasn't a problem with the DDCSV1.1, if I set the spindle to anything lower than 2k RPM (Very Rare) then the Monitor will intermittently black out, and the keyboard will only respond intermittently.

More
28 Nov 2020 18:05 #190534 by tommylight

Now I have some I reference issues, wasn't a problem with the DDCSV1.1, if I set the spindle to anything lower than 2k RPM (Very Rare) then the Monitor will intermittently black out, and the keyboard will only respond intermittently.

Caused by interference, use power cable with grounding, older keyboards made by Dell, HP, Logitech, Genius or similar and a high quality Display Port or HDMI or DVI or VGA cable.
Had the same issues lately with a quite expensive DP cable that caused some trauma to an EIZO 24" monitor on a plasma cutter.

Time to create page: 0.294 seconds