Having some trouble with Carousel.comp

More
02 Dec 2020 17:02 #190883 by Henk
Hi
I'm having some trouble with carousel.comp.

I have used it a couple of times to control ATC position but I don't understand why it is reacting this way with my latest config.

The application is a typical umbrella type Tool changer on a vertical 3 axis milling machine.

It has 20 pockets and two sensors. One pulse when a tool pocket is in position and one is the home location in line with pocket no 1.

So, identical to my previous setup...

Loadrt carousel pockets=20 encoding=index num_sense=2 dir=2

I want the ATC to home when I home the z axis, so I used an or2 to enable carousel linked to axis.2.homing.

What I expect to happen......
When I home the z axis, I expect the ATC to rotate until the home sensor triggers. At this point it should stop and carousel.0.current-position should show 1.

What happens.....
The ATC starts rotating and does not stop.

I have checked the following.
The sense inputs are working. Checked with halscope and verified that the home sensor triggers while the pulse signal is high.
Carousel.0.current-position counts up to 20 which is correct, at this point the home sensor is triggered and it resets to 1 and then counts up to 20 again....

It does not stop.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Dec 2020 15:33 #190966 by Henk
Ok. This is what I found. The Debian Stretch iso installation with 2.7.15 seems to have a broken carousel.comp.

I downloaded the source from GitHub for carousel.comp but it fails when installing using halcompile.

I scratched out a version that I downloaded earlier this year and it compiles without problems.

Without changing anything in my config, the homing of the carousel works as it should.

Thaught this info would be helpful.

Henk
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.088 seconds