Beginner tutorials

More
08 Feb 2021 18:02 #198035 by The Feral Engineer
Hey guys

So, when I was first starting out with LinuxCNC, I found a bit of a gap between those with zero experience and those who were on the verge of godliness without a direct path between the two. The moment I figured out how to link a HAL pin and write a classicladder circuit, I embarked on a little personal journey, so to speak.

It's turned into a bit of a hodgepodge as far as my ordering and playlist management is concerned, since I put up so many videos at once, but I'm gonna work on that as soon as I get a free minute :p

The content seems to be helping out those who watch, so I figured I'd share with the rest. Most of you guys are way beyond the scope of my content, but I'm slowly playing catch-up. I've only been full time into Linuxcnc for a few months, before that I was toggling back and forth between lcnc and crap3, I guess you can kinda tell who won that battle :p

Enjoy

youtube.com/channel/UC5Agp5Z6F1JiWihdO-QKkbQ
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, rodw, robertspark

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Feb 2021 21:49 #198081 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Beginner tutorials
Already subscribed and liked several of them that i could watch, literally as my eye are still recovering from a dumb day on my part.
The following user(s) said Thank You: The Feral Engineer

More
08 Feb 2021 21:57 #198082 by The Feral Engineer

tommylight wrote: Already subscribed and liked several of them that i could watch, literally as my eye are still recovering from a dumb day on my part.

Know them feels... My pinky fell victim to a minor slip into the business end of a reciprocating saw the other day when the blade caught the edge of the table i was cutting... Long story. Hope your eye feels better soon.

Thanks for the kudos! Hope the content is up to par, I'm still new to this Linux stuff :lol:
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
09 Feb 2021 23:00 #198215 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Beginner tutorials

The Feral Engineer wrote: , I'm still new to this Linux stuff :lol:

That's the sweet-spot for tutorials. When you can still remember what is non-obvious.

More
09 Feb 2021 23:32 #198222 by The Feral Engineer

andypugh wrote:

The Feral Engineer wrote: , I'm still new to this Linux stuff :lol:

That's the sweet-spot for tutorials. When you can still remember what is non-obvious.

I've built a 6 figure career out of staying 5 minutes in front of the guy I'm teaching :lol:

More
05 Mar 2021 07:09 #201082 by Benb
Replied by Benb on topic Beginner tutorials

tommylight wrote: ... as my eye are still recovering from a dumb day on my part.

Tom did you wear your PPE ?

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
05 Mar 2021 10:20 #201091 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Beginner tutorials
LOL, nope. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Benb

Time to create page: 0.130 seconds