joint 0 on limit switch errror

More
11 Feb 2021 19:02 #198425 by MarcWeber
I tried getting an old hobby A4 from gocnc.de to work. stepconf test axis x,y,z works.
Starting linuxcnc (2.5.0 cause I used old iso from hidden directory) shows joint 0,1,2 on limit switch errors.
I can manually disable the limits on tab 'manual control' switch machine on and ask all axis to move. But immediately it switches back to error state.

I don't think that old CNC machine has any limits at all neither does it move that fast. I failed googling how to to disable the limit switches. Is there a simple way and do manual homing?

Neither did I find any configs in stepconf which looked like they were related.
I followed this stepconf config guide: gocnc.de/download/EMC-Kurzanleitung.pdf and tried both configs 7 and 8.
7 is probably correct and allowed to switch on the machine page 8 did not.

any hints/ ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Feb 2021 21:09 - 11 Feb 2021 21:10 #198442 by aleksamc
Add hal and ini files of your configuration at first. Ans also wiring of your cnc machine.
Last edit: 11 Feb 2021 21:10 by aleksamc.

More
11 Feb 2021 21:28 #198447 by tommylight

Starting linuxcnc (2.5.0 cause I used old iso from hidden directory) shows joint 0,1,2 on limit switch errors.

Seems the limit switches need to be inverted, be it in the hal file by adding -not to each input or by using the stepconf on the PINS page and checking the "invert" selection.

Time to create page: 0.139 seconds