USRMOT: ERROR: command timeout when trying to jog axis off limit switch

More
12 Mar 2021 09:16 #201941 by ltp
Hello,

I am very new to LinuxCNC and I encounter some basic problems with my XYZ configuration (Proxxon FF 500 BL CNC Ready + Standa 8MT173). I use a Mesa 6i25 along with two breakout boards (Mesa 7i75 for Mesa 6i25's DB25 connector + HDR26 breakout board for Mesa 6i25's HDR26 connector), + 3 Geckodrives G214 as stepper motors drivers.

The problem is that, quite often (but not always), when the X or Y axis hits the Proxxon's limit switches (for example during homing), and I try to move the axis in the opposite direction from the limit switch (which is configured as X/Y minimum + Limit with PNCCONF) using the "+" button for jogging, along with checking the "Override Limits" box, the AXIS interface freezes/becomes unresponsive, I get "USRMOT: ERROR: command timeout" errors in the terminal, and I can't move the motor. Usually I have to restart LinuxCNC several times and try this to finally succeed in moving the axis away from the limit switch.

After that is done, I can move the motors wherever I like using the "+" and "-" jog buttons, but this problem makes homing the axes successfully a very uncertain enterprise.

Here are my HAL and INI files.

Thanks in advance for your help,

ltp

File Attachment:

File Name: PR_no_Z.hal
File Size:11 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: PR_no_Z_vic.ini
File Size:4 KB
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Mar 2021 00:53 #202040 by andypugh
I don;t know what is causing the USRMOT timeout, and that sounds concerning.

But you should never get stuck on the limits during homing.

Do you have HOME_IGNORE_LIMITS set in the INI file?

More
13 Mar 2021 07:05 #202064 by ltp
Hi,

Yes, HOME_IGNORE_LIMITS is set to YES for all three joints in the ini file.

More
14 Mar 2021 00:13 #202173 by andypugh
Maybe the home_offset and home_position need tweaking then, as it should back off the switch before detecting it as a limit.

Time to create page: 0.064 seconds