Spindle speed tuning

More
28 Mar 2021 16:22 #203914 by mooser
Replied by mooser on topic Spindle speed tuning
Still poking around

This line (from the other thread), crashes on load so I commented it out. From what I can tell "net spindle-vel-fb-rpm" might be a 2.8 only thing so that should be ok that it's not there

#net spindle-vel-fb-rpm <= hm2_5i25.0.encoder.00.velocity-rpm

But down below in the spindle section I added the line (again from the other thread)
net spindle-vel-fb-rpm => abs.spindle.in

Shouldn't that cause a problem (doesn't but why not?)
M

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Mar 2021 17:19 - 28 Mar 2021 17:24 #203916 by Aciera
Replied by Aciera on topic Spindle speed tuning
Note that the syntax is this:

net <signalname> <= OutputPinName => InputPinName

(There may be more than one => InputPinName)

So this:
#net spindle-vel-fb-rpm <= hm2_5i25.0.encoder.00.velocity-rpm

means that you are telling the system to create a signal and you want that signal to be named spindle-vel-fb-rpm and then you want that signal to hold the value of the OutputPin "hm2_5i25.0.encoder.00.velocity-rpm"

Note that the signalname is something you as the user chooses freely so it does not depend on the version you are running. The OutputPins and InputPins on the other side are predefined by the system an can vary from one version to another.

So if you copy/paste hal lines from other files you may need to change the signalnames to fit your hal.

[edit]
If the above line gives an error but this one:
net spindle-vel-fb-rpm => abs.spindle.in
doesn't, then my guess would be that the signal spindle-vel-fb-rpm has been asigned to an other OutputPin somewhere before in your hal.

It is usually good practice to post the actual error as that makes things a lot clearer.
Last edit: 28 Mar 2021 17:24 by Aciera.

More
28 Mar 2021 17:45 #203918 by mooser
Replied by mooser on topic Spindle speed tuning
Thanks for the explanation (you know I didn't realize that the first set was just the variable name, thought it was something pre-set in axis/linuxcnc...... D'uh)

Looks like I've actually made things worse somehow anyway. Put my timing tape on the actual spindle and it seems I'm slightly farther off with these changes than I was before so I've put the old HAL back in and have to admit I'm just not making any progress understanding the way the "guts" are working.

Putting my operator hat back on and leaving the code alone.... (at least for now :)
Thanks again
M

Time to create page: 0.075 seconds