First steps - help connecting signal to output

More
24 Apr 2021 04:03 #206933 by spumco
Thanks to PCW and others, I now have Lcnc talking to the 7i76ED/7i73. This stuff isn't really sinking in yet, but I'm trying...

First attempt at moving my steppers failed. Digging a bit I realized/remembered I need to enable the drives by activating one of the output pins. All four drive enable signals are in parallel on output 09 on the 7i76ED.

During PnCconfig I created a signal named ENABLE ALL AXIS and connected it to output 09. So far, so good.

But the issue is that this signal isn't connected to any function. When Lcnc is out of e-stop and on, x-axis enable is active (as are the other axis signals), but my unconnected ENABLE ALL AXIS signal isn't. No surpise now that I've had a think.

So... is there a function or other signal I can net to ENABLE ALL AXIS so that output goes active when the machine is out of e-stop and on?

I haven't be able to find a list of all these functions, but I probably I don't know where to look. The HAL components page in the documents doesn't seem to have anything that rings a bell.

I did find net machine-is-enabled <= motion.motion-enabled in the HAL file that looks like a candidate, but it might be better practice to use some other method/scheme to trigger the ENABLE signal/output.

I have plenty more 'custom' outputs/inputs to sort out, but if someone can help me with this one that should help with a bunch of the other stuff.

Any suggestions?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Apr 2021 12:41 #206949 by bevins
edit your custom.hal and put this line in it. Change the output pin to match yours and when the machine is turned on this output will turn on. I use this on all my machines. Use that output to enable your drives.
net machine-is-on hm2_7i92.0.7i76.0.0.output-00 

More
24 Apr 2021 13:09 #206950 by Aciera
I think the correct pin for the 7i76ED would be:
hm2_7i76e.0.7i76.0.0.output-09

More
24 Apr 2021 19:51 #206965 by spumco
Thanks gents, that did the trick - both the net link and using the correct pin.

-R

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds