floating head switch combination

More
24 May 2021 14:21 - 24 May 2021 14:47 #210063 by acourtjester
I am working on a new controller with linuxCNC QTPlasmaC. My current table I have the floating head switch in series with the other home/limit switches as a safety. With the Ohmic sensor as a separate input. But it appears LinuxCNC can be configured as home/limits in series, the floating head separate and ohmic sensor separate. Is this the preferred setup? Or can the floating head switch be combined with the home/limits?
I see there is a shared home and limits selection I assume this is to combine the home and limits on one input pin.
From this statement in the Docs it seems the software looks at what it is doing and reacts to what happens related to the switches. "To reiterate, in this case QtPlasmaC will treat the float switch as a breakaway switch when it is not probing".

Thanks for your help
Tom
Last edit: 24 May 2021 14:47 by acourtjester.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 May 2021 16:02 #210072 by tommylight
It should be possible in hal with some trickery to get float and limits on the same pin, pretty sure there is another topic about that here named something like "plasmac using only one parallel port", it is recent so should be easy to find.
I did say "should" ....

More
24 May 2021 16:36 #210077 by acourtjester
I should have said I am using the 7I76E so there are many inputs. I was more concerned with the combining the home and limits as I only use one switch per axis.
Thanks for the reply

More
24 May 2021 17:09 #210082 by tommylight
That is easy using PncConf, just choose "shared ...." then "both limits+home".

More
24 May 2021 18:59 #210090 by acourtjester
Yes sir thanks a bunch
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Time to create page: 0.071 seconds