LinuxCNC 2.8.1, gmoccapy 3.0.9, Probe Screen v2 and 3d Probe from topcom.cz

More
25 May 2021 17:16 - 25 May 2021 17:17 #210244 by ikkuh
My ini files are based on a gantry machine with 2 Y motors. There is homing and auto-tool measurement. It is a working machine, not optimized or exactly following the rules. But it works for me, and it works great.
Took me a little while to get all things working, it's ridiculous how badly documentation is scattered around. The endless topic on here 'work with probe' is of no use at all anymore.
So here is a fresh new start, hopefully somebody will get some use out of this.

Since I acquired the 3d Probe from TopCom last week I wanted to incorporate the setter and probe into my setup. I experimented before but never got it to work, there always was something fighting me and my machine.
With these files everything works and it is truly amazing. A big thanks to all the people who made this possible!

I also incorporated a cheap USB arcade like joystick controller. It works great, I changed the buttons for ones with a light in them. Instant feedback if a function is activated (there is a Chines parallel bob connected to the 7i96 connector).

Operation:
Machine startup, press button and auto-homing starts. Goto [Probe Screen] and get/set tool-setter height, work-piece height and set z to top of work-piece. When the gcode asks for a tool-change, the software will measure the tool and adjust the z-axis accordingly.
Saves a lot of work and boring tasks are automated.

to do:
air: tie the compressor to the setup: burst of air when measuring, blow air when cutting
dust: finish my thien baffle suction and tie it to the cutting operations of the machine

Software
Debian 10 (buster)
LinuxCNC 2.8.1
gmoccapy 3.0.9
Probe Screen v2

Hardware
Mesa 7i96
3d Probe from topcom.cz
Toolsetter from AliExpress
Cheap usb endoscope camera

I attached the complete config directory as a zip file.

software:
github.com/verser-git/probe_screen_v2

hardware:
Mesa card:
eusurplus.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=60
toolsetter:
www.aliexpress.com/item/33009436752.html...1.0.0.27424c4dnRVONi
3d probe:
topcom.cz/dig3dlpm/
Attachments:
Last edit: 25 May 2021 17:17 by ikkuh.
The following user(s) said Thank You: andypugh, tommylight, kbec, minimac

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Feb 2022 02:11 #234878 by kbec
How did you connect the probe to the board? I am looking to do similar. I have the same probe, and the DIG-C.Z tool sensor I want to hook up.

More
15 Feb 2022 08:25 - 15 Feb 2022 08:25 #234898 by ikkuh

How did you connect the probe to the board? I am looking to do similar. I have the same probe, and the DIG-C.Z tool sensor I want to hook up.

It's in the files.

qtvcp_postgui
net
loadrt or2 names=tool_probe
addf tool_probe servo-thread
toolsensor-in <= [HMOT](CARD0).gpio.009.in_not => tool_probe.in0[code]net probe-in <= [HMOT](CARD0).gpio.048.in => tool_probe.in1

[/code]

Last edit: 15 Feb 2022 08:25 by ikkuh.

Time to create page: 0.103 seconds