dual y motor limit/homing setup

More
13 Jul 2022 16:16 #247240 by russ
Hi guys, ok im litterally 2 days into learning linuxcnc so still very green. setting this up is made more difficult since i am using Mistubishi servo drives with the yssc3p adapter from here- yurtaev.com/ so (i believe) I cant use the stepconf or pncconf to set it up (mind you I probably
could and just copy the motor config over from the sample config, but doing it the hard way I learn more :) )
so anyway, I have the motors working on all axis including the dual y (set up as xyyz), although only one y motor spins until the home button is pressed, normal?

so im now setting up limit switches and have a question-
I have the home/limits shared with this code-

net xlimit-both-home nyx.0.in-10-not => joint.0.neg-lim-sw-in joint.0.pos-lim-sw-in joint.0.home-sw-in
net ylimit-both-home nyx.0.in-09-not => joint.1.neg-lim-sw-in joint.1.pos-lim-sw-in joint.1.home-sw-in
net zlimit-both-home nyx.0.in-08-not => joint.3.neg-lim-sw-in joint.3.pos-lim-sw-in joint.3.home-sw-in

It works perfectly for the Z axis which is set up and homing (X and Y dont have gear racks yet) but what slightly concerns me is that I cant have the same code for the y2limit because it will use the same pin as ylimit (nyx.0.09-not) as below

#net y2limit-both-home nyx.0.in-09-not => joint.2.neg-lim-sw-in joint.2.pos-lim-sw-in joint.2.home-sw-in

Is there a way around this, I know i can just synchronise y and y2 in the homing sequence? but the other problem is y is tied to a limit and y2 isnt, so if i hit limits with the gantry can y2 continue moving? (havent had a chance to test that yet)

btw limit switches are to one pin per axis, NC proximity switches (z has 1 switch which detects a stub at each end, y is the same, and x has two switches wireed in series).

many thanks for any help!

Russ.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jul 2022 17:15 #247243 by Clive S
For a start re the  ZHOME_SEQUENCE = 0 this is fine because it should home first as it should lif the spindle out of the way before X and Y moves

So I would set X to HOME_SEQUENCE = 1 and
Y to HOME_SEQUENCE = -2 and Y2 to HOME_SEQUENCE = -2

Also you need to have separate switches for the Y axis

More
14 Jul 2022 11:14 #247284 by russ
Clive, Thanks, I know about the homing sequence.
im pretty sure i dont need two switches for the y axis unless I want to do some kind of auto squaring function?

Anyway, last night I realised something, I just added the joint 2 code to the ylimit line as follows-
net ylimit-both-home nyx.0.in-09-not => joint.1.neg-lim-sw-in joint.1.pos-lim-sw-in joint.1.home-sw-in joint.2.neg-lim-sw-in joint.2.pos-lim-sw-in joint.2.home-sw-in

The only testing i can do at the moment is to push the gantry into the limits (no gear rack yet), before I changed the line it would throw up the error for joint 1 on limit switch, now it throws the error for joint 1 and joint 2 on limit switch. It stopped both motors before and after anyway though, and I did also try setting the soft limits and it stops both motors at that too, so im sure at this point it didnt matter. I think my worry is alleviate for now, Ill update this thread in a couple of weeks when I have the gear rack for y installed incase it helps anyone else.

More
14 Jul 2022 11:37 #247285 by Clive S
Glad you have it working

Yes, you are correct if you don't want auto squaring on the gantry.

Time to create page: 0.215 seconds