Huanyang VFD RS485 communication error

More
06 Aug 2023 20:41 #277163 by sliptonic
I'm controlling a Huanyang VFD via modbus using the hy_vfd module.  After startup, I can always start and stop the spindle but after that, I can't always restart.  In the terminal I see this error after the error occurs

ERROR Communication time out (-12)
WAIT_DATA() comms timeout

Is there a way to reset the communication without restarting? 
Is there a way to avoid the problem entirely?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Aug 2023 18:52 #278486 by sliptonic
bump.
Can I provide more information or is there a better place to ask for help?

More
19 Aug 2023 21:40 #278503 by MarkoPolo
Here's a thread that might help.

162.243.45.186/24-hal-components/34982-h...-setting-rpm?start=0

There is an option in the hy_vfd module "reconnect after disconnection" or something similar. I don't remember exactly and now I don't have access to my configuration, I can check later.
  After manually disconnecting usb and reconnecting, is it set to the same port, e.g. /dev/ttyUSB0 ? if not, it is good to make an entry in /etc/udev/rules.d/ so that each time the entry eg /dev/modbus always points to your usb-rs485 adapter.

More
19 Aug 2023 22:35 #278505 by sliptonic
Thanks. That thread is helpful. I slowed down to 9600 and changed the stop bit configuration. So far haven't been able to trigger the problem again. Fingers crossed.

I haven't been able to find the reconnect option. If you remember and can check, I'd appreciate it.

More
11 Oct 2023 22:02 #282776 by MarkoPolo
Sorry it's so late, but I only tested this option today. Maybe it will be useful to someone.
If you use the driver from this address github.com/xsnoopy/LinuxCNC-Yalang-yl620...s485-Modbus---VFDmod , there is a line ";ConnectionErrorList=5" in the vfd.ini file,
you need to remove the semicolon from the beginning of the line. Then you can remove usb_rs485 from the computer and after reconnecting everything works.

Time to create page: 0.110 seconds