trajectory acceleration is half the value in config file

More
06 Sep 2023 13:31 #280099 by southbayguy
Hi -
     Thanks for all the information.  I was asked earlier for my .ini file and version number.  I pasted in the .ini file.  Version number, as returned by "lsb_release -d" is Ubuntu 10.04.4 LTS.  Pretty old ... I guess this acceleration behavior has been around for a while.
     I'm using an MDI command to obtain the finding of half acceleration.  Other people are getting the same result.  It would be tempting to generalize that motion control behaves one way for MDI commands and another way when jogging or running a program, but this generalization does not survive dm17ry's to-the-point experiment where half and full acceleration both occur in one program, in fact in a pair of co-linear moves.
     Maybe there's a rule somewhere in the motion control code that says any move (except a button jog) at the end of a sequence should begin and end at half acceleration, a sequence being one or more moves that end at zero velocity

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Sep 2023 20:12 #280147 by rodw
yes in my testing MDI uses slower acceleration ( I think half from memory). You need touse gcode commands for any testing

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.065 seconds