touch probe setup

More
22 Mar 2024 02:36 - 22 Mar 2024 02:39 #296529 by garja
touch probe setup was created by garja
My next step is getting my touch probe setup. My probe is installed and I've confirmed the probe is triggering as it should. What I need to do now is setup a routine to move to a specific X & Y location stop and let me make a tool change, then probe the new tool. I'm wondering if probe basic would be a good option. I'm using Axis right now but I can switch to something else if it would work better. If there is a better option than probe basic, I'd appreciate it if someone could point me to step by step instructions. Thanks in advance!

A
Last edit: 22 Mar 2024 02:39 by garja. Reason: forgot some informatin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Mar 2024 09:39 #297078 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic touch probe setup
Probe Basic has tool probning built-in, I believe. But it is my opinion that this behaviour does not belong in the GUI....

A more flexible way to do it is via a remap of the M6 command. This would allow you to choose the GUI (and even change it)

There is a sample config sim/axis/remap
/manual-toolchange-with-tool-length-switch/ which might help to show how it all fits together, along with the (very extensive) documentation here: linuxcnc.org/docs/stable/html/remap/remap.html

Note that most of the docs there can be ignored and you can just copy the relevant files from the sim config to your real config.

More
29 Mar 2024 14:32 #297113 by garja
Replied by garja on topic touch probe setup
Thank you andypugh... I'll read up on the information you provided. I appreciate your help!

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds