What would you do ? Not the TV show!

More
30 Jul 2020 19:17 #176558 by bevins

tommylight wrote: That is exactly what should normally be done, alas, the contracts are not worth their wight in paper here.
Non the less, i will try to do something like that, and if they complain, i will just decline.
Thank you.

Ask for down payment half up front. Then they pay by hour. So if they don't pay, don't work.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Jul 2020 19:34 #176560 by tommylight

RotarySMP wrote: If you do end up doing this, please post a thread on it. To retrofit a 28m industrial line with hundreds of actuators and sensors is a hell of a job to do solo.

Will do for sure, even if they do not allow me to take pictures, i will try to describe things as best as i can, still working on doing a better job at explaining things. I was very bad at it! :)

More
30 Jul 2020 19:37 #176561 by tommylight

bevins wrote: Ask for down payment half up front. Then they pay by hour. So if they don't pay, don't work.

That is the only way i do these jobs, to much time and effort to just have it go to waste.

More
01 Aug 2020 08:17 #176759 by Mike_Eitel
A last BUT
I think that you are in a smaller market (country) and a not happy customer will easily ruin bussines.
My guts say they do not behave professionall the way the handle their suppliers duties today, so i gues they will never become. Independent what kind of paperwork you do.
Hope Ivm wrong.
Mike
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
01 Aug 2020 08:47 #176760 by tommylight

Mike_Eitel wrote: I think that you are in a smaller market (country) and a not happy customer will easily ruin bussines.
My guts say they do not behave professionall the way the handle their suppliers duties today, so i gues they will never become. Independent what kind of paperwork you do.
Hope Ivm wrong.

You are right on all counts, it is a small market of 1.7 Million people, not much professionalism for anything but there are some companies that do professional work for export only, and i hate paperwork so i delegate that part.

Time to create page: 0.092 seconds