Can a static phase converter be used to supply power to the controler only

More
23 Dec 2022 13:40 #260150 by new2linux
cakeslob, thank you! The diagrams in post #259641 are as detailed as they get, there is a section in the manual with "ladder logic diagram" (I think that is close to the proper name) nothing else. What I have are the 5 manuals that are factory (in yellow covers) Supermax mfg by: YCM-VMC-65N and came with the mill when new, talk about start-up & maintenance. After reviewing, I see a manual for Fanuc AC spindle servo unit (maintenance manual). It has 2 diagrams, I will try to attach them. The spindle module I have not taken any inside pic of it, all pics are of the other modules. Thank you!
Does your robot use Fanuc controller?

andtpugh, so glad you chimed in and hope all is good with you!! Yes, the pic in your link is exactly how it looks on the outside, don't know how to get a better look inside w/o special scope to look through. I took the opportunity to clean up the cases while they were off and have new fans coming, the fans look like the shop was full of mist cooling for a long period of time and the fan blades have a hard ruff film on them from this. The other components look ok, I don't plan to touch them, waiting for the fans.

Many thanks, all suggestions warmly welcomed.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Dec 2022 00:47 #260204 by cakeslob
can you post a better picture of the part that says "to magnetic sequence control panel or nc"
if thats the connector pinout for the spindle drive, the alarm related pins are there. It looks like it has error feedback from the block diagram

are you gonna re-route your controller to the new highspeed spindle controller?
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: new2linux

More
24 Dec 2022 14:52 - 26 Dec 2022 00:58 #260241 by new2linux
cakeslob, thanks!!
No, I do not plan to "re-route your controller to the new highspeed spindle controller".

Attached is a close up (CN1, CN2 & CN3) of the section (you see not real great original, I will give handwritten response you can't read) you asked about. Also, a pic to where that circuit goes.

Many thanks for your help!
Attachments:
Last edit: 26 Dec 2022 00:58 by new2linux. Reason: spelling

Time to create page: 0.063 seconds