Hurricane Milton

More
07 Oct 2024 09:23 #311477 by my1987toyota
  Well this sucks. My area only got side swiped by Helene and it still did heavy damage. Now we have Milton and it's projected to smack
into or very near my area as a Category 3/4. This could very well be my last post for a while due to destroyed infrastructure. This is
the kind of storm that takes home, work, everything. Stores are already a mad house as people panic buy. And that's after a
doc worker strike had started to disrupt the inflow of supplies. One can only prep so much for a storm like this. Hopefully this
doesn't turn into another hurricane Katrina event. Though given the gigantic mess that has been the hurricane Helene disaster relief
I am not very hopeful. Wish us luck every body we are certainly going to need it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Oct 2024 14:20 #311491 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Hurricane Milton
Do you have a shovel? DIG! :)
Storms here look like a summer breeze compared to your storms, and still they manage to do some harm.
And i always admired your persistence to continue living in the same place after such storms, most nations would just move.
Good luck.

More
08 Oct 2024 08:40 #311548 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Hurricane Milton
Best of luck from Down Under in .AU. We just saw  Milton is upgraded to Category 5.
We get our share of category 3,4,5 Cyclones here but the big ones hit a fair way north of me.
But I am certain we have never had the government led fiasco Helene has triggered for the clean up.
Take care.  3  m storm surges are truly terrifying for sure.

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds