New install error

More
15 May 2014 13:51 #46955 by ArcEye
Replied by ArcEye on topic New install error

Found a laptop laying around the house and decided to install Ubuntu. The computer was running Vista, which I did not need, so I decided to dedicate the whole computer to Ubuntu. So from a LiveCD, I did the full install. When trying to start EMC2, I got the errors that are in the attached file. It did not seem to matter what config I was trying to use either. After that didn't work, I thought I would just try a run it from the CD, but I got the same errors.

In the absence of any useful error output, plus the fact Lcnc will not run from CD either, have to assume must be a hardware problem.

The only thing in dmesg is that you dont have the necessary firmware installed for the wireless

The laptop appears to have a dual core AMD turion processor and should be suitable for 10.04, but the next thing I would try is running the 8.04 CD to see if that works

regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 May 2014 20:39 #46961 by beltramidave
Replied by beltramidave on topic New install error
I was able this morning to to load and run LinuxCNC Pure simulator from this website: wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?LinuxCNC_Pure_Simulator

As I don't plan on using this computer for anything other than simulation, I think I am good now. Am not sure why I was not able to go the other route. Haven't investigated this enough to see if it will let me load other configs that I have and be able to customize them for trials.

Still open to other suggestions if anything comes to mind. Thanks for your help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.114 seconds