LinuxCNC for possible use with G540/X-Carve

More
27 Jan 2016 14:10 #69159 by netfoot
Thank you everyone. It's good to know this machine will be suitable. Now I actually have to acquire the G540 and get it all hooked up. This may take me a while, as I've got to find the funds to pay for it. (It's low cost was a factor in my choice. I don't know of any other suitable hardware in that price range.) Once it is here and hooked up, I'll certainly return to this thread and follow the advice that's been offered.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Jan 2016 14:14 - 27 Jan 2016 14:30 #69160 by geoffs
I seem to recall a thread/posting about step loss issues when using the G540 and the suggestion was to increase step time/dirhold. I was losing steps initially so did this. This is why I didn't just use the preconfigured G540 selection from stepconf.
. I also had to change the pulse polarity which may have actually been the cause of my lost steps.
I'll configure using the G540 values from stepconf and see what happens

Thanks for the help

EDIT: Heres the post I was referring to. sourceforge.net/p/emc/mailman/emc-users/...c0cf0$110426d0$@org/
Last edit: 27 Jan 2016 14:30 by geoffs.

More
27 Jan 2016 15:02 #69162 by ArcEye
Well in that case you have already tried the manufacturers minimums and they did not work well, so stick with what you have.

If it ain't broken don't fix it :laugh:

Time to create page: 0.090 seconds