How to build RTAI Kernel for stetch?

More
20 Sep 2018 08:41 #117776 by grump
Solved by installing xinput separately, all functions now work fine until the next break.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Oct 2018 18:42 #118371 by twoflowers

I think so. There is a chap on the IRC has mentioned it a few times.
Which kernel version would you need? The latest patches seem to be for 4.9.51 and 4.9.80

I think it does not matter which kernel, it should just be 4.<something>, 'cause I cannot compile linuxcnc when I use the ancient 3.<something> RTAI kernels.

My status now is: I can apply the rtai patches to the kernel without error. But "make menuconfig" does not offer any rtai specific configuration options (or I totally missed if). Compiling the kernel works, but the rtai library does not think it's an rtai patched kernel.

More
03 Oct 2018 08:32 - 03 Oct 2018 09:05 #118396 by twoflowers
Just comleted another test: Kernel compiles ok, but building rtai fails with this error message:

rtai-5.1/base/ipc/netrpc/user_softrtnet.c:23:26: fatal error: asm/rtai_srq.h: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
#include <asm/rtai_srq.h>

EDIT: found it. somehow a symlink in rtai-5.1/base/include from asm-x86 to asm is not created. Now rtai compiled successfully. But how to create a debian package from it?

EDIT #2: When I try to run any of the testapplication that rtai provides, the system immediately freezes. So I would not call this a success. Anyone that could put me on the right path on how to build a RTAI kernel that works?
Last edit: 03 Oct 2018 09:05 by twoflowers.

More
05 Oct 2018 12:23 #118468 by andypugh
You could try the linuxcnc IRC channel, if you are lucky then there is a chap who is often on there who is a bit on an RTAI expert.

Time to create page: 0.175 seconds