Trying to get Debian Squeeze to run my router

More
12 May 2019 16:31 #133574 by pl7i92
There Are kinetics in with new Style coordinates
and also Joint setup
this is not for the 2.7.14
so update by buildbot to 2.8.master and the config is fine

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 May 2019 13:54 #133640 by aaron
Thank you SO MUCH. That did the trick.
One more question if you don't mind. I want to set up a back-up computer with the same configuration.
How do I input the max jitter values, if I can't do xyzx in the step config wizard Do they go in the .ini file under the EMCIO section, or are there other sections that need editing?

If I run the latency test from a live usb on the machine in question, then take the the values from the step config wizard generated configuration and then type them into the real configuration, would that work?

Thanks again

Aaron

More
18 May 2019 11:56 #134177 by andypugh
The jitter value isn't used directly, it is used to set the base thread rate.

If you are not using the parallel port then it won't matter at all, and if you are using the parallel port and it does matter then the chances are you have the wrong PC :-)

I see you are using the PREEMPT-RT kernel, which makes me suspect that you are using hardware where you can pretty much ignore the base thread jitter as you won't have a base thread.

More
18 May 2019 21:51 #134217 by tommylight

Thank you SO MUCH. That did the trick.
One more question if you don't mind. I want to set up a back-up computer with the same configuration.
How do I input the max jitter values, if I can't do xyzx in the step config wizard Do they go in the .ini file under the EMCIO section, or are there other sections that need editing?

If I run the latency test from a live usb on the machine in question, then take the the values from the step config wizard generated configuration and then type them into the real configuration, would that work?

Thanks again

Aaron

If you want the same config, just copy the config folder to the other computer. No need to use stepconf, you can manually edit the base period in case you need to.

Time to create page: 0.120 seconds