PlasmaC

More
27 Dec 2019 19:43 #153307 by CNC32
PlasmaC was created by CNC32
I have been trying to install Plasmac for the past few day now and I have ran into some issues. I have been flowing the document to install it linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/plasma/plas...uide.html#mesa-thcad I have gotten to 4.7. Start A Plasmac BuildBot Installation section and this terminal command is not working for me
python /user/share/doc/linuxcnc/examples/sample-configs/by_machine/plasmac/configurator.py
it gives me this error message
python: can't open file '/user/share/doc/linuxcnc/examples/sample-configs/by_machine/plasmac/configurator.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory

However, I have managed to get into Plasmac when I ran this command
~/linuxcnc-dev/scripts/linuxcnc
This opened up the LinuxCNC Configuration Selector. I navagated to Sample Configurations > by_machine > plasmac > gmoccapy > imperial_plasmac. It then presented me with the Plasmac configuration but I do not know how to connect my Mesa 7I96 and edit my limit switches and stuff like that.

I have managed to connect my Mesa 7I96 to linuxCNC when I created a configuration with the PNCconf wizard.

I have heard that Plasmac is included in LinuxCNC 2.8 if so how do I update to it or would I be better off grabbing a different iso file?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Dec 2019 20:06 - 27 Dec 2019 20:06 #153308 by AgentWD40
Replied by AgentWD40 on topic PlasmaC
I could be wrong but I think there is a typo in that file path, the instructions should read:
python /usr/share/doc/linuxcnc/examples/sample-configs/by_machine/plasmac/configurator.py

I spotted this the other day during my install and mode note to mention it but I must have forgotten.
Last edit: 27 Dec 2019 20:06 by AgentWD40.

More
27 Dec 2019 20:11 #153309 by CNC32
Replied by CNC32 on topic PlasmaC
Thanks for the suggestion. I just tried it and it did not work. It gave me this error message

python /usr/share/doc/linuxcnc/examples/sample-configs/by_machine/plasmac/configurator.py
python: can't open file '/usr/share/doc/linuxcnc/examples/sample-configs/by_machine/plasmac/configurator.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory

More
27 Dec 2019 20:36 #153311 by chimeno
Replied by chimeno on topic PlasmaC
Hi CNC32,
you can try searching where "configurator.py" is located
sudo find / -name configurator.py
Greetings
Chimeno

More
27 Dec 2019 20:49 #153312 by CNC32
Thank you for your reply chimeno. I have run the search in the terminal and I it gave me this location
/home/cnc/linuxcnc-dev/configs/by_machine/plasmac/configurator.py
I am guessing you were wanting me to replace the file location the the python comand so I have changed the command to
python /home/cnc/linuxcnc-dev/configs/by_machine/plasmac/configurator.py
it then gave me this error
File "/home/cnc/linuxcnc-dev/configs/by_machine/plasmac/configurator.py", line 801
elif 'removing z axis moves' in line:
^
IndentationError: unexpected indent

More
27 Dec 2019 20:54 - 27 Dec 2019 21:10 #153313 by AgentWD40
That command works for my installation because I'm using the "buildbot" installation. The other command works for yours because your using the "run in place" installation. I'm sorry for not clarifying. So moving forward just ignore the buildbot instruction and follow the run in place instruction.

(Also, I double checked, that file path is an error in the instructions)

As for setting it up with your Mesa. First get all your limit switches set up like you like them with pncconf before trying to setup plasmac. Once you have all that working you will input the working ini and hal files into the configurator and it will import the necessary settings for your limits and stuff to work. To edit later you can open up the <machine name here>.hal file in your configs directory.

The 7i96 has inputs 0 through 10 referred to like
hm2_7i96.0.gpio.0XX.in
It has outputs 0 through 5 referred to like
hm2_7i96.0.ssr.00.out-XX
Replace XX with your pin number.

So for example in the PlasmaC configurator to setup input #6 as a torch float switch you would simply put hm2_7i96.0.gpio.006.in in the Float Switch HAL Pin textbox. To set up output #1 as your torch on signal you would put hm2_7i96.0.ssr.00.out-01 in the Torch On HAL pin textbox.
Last edit: 27 Dec 2019 21:10 by AgentWD40.

More
27 Dec 2019 21:45 - 27 Dec 2019 21:46 #153317 by AgentWD40

python /home/cnc/linuxcnc-dev/configs/by_machine/plasmac/configurator.py
it then gave me this error
File "/home/cnc/linuxcnc-dev/configs/by_machine/plasmac/configurator.py", line 801
^
IndentationError: unexpected indent

@phillc54 Looks like some indentation got messed up in a recent update. @CNC32 If you're comfortable editing the code you can fix it your self like so: open up configurator.py with root privileges. Go to around line 801 and adjust the tab alignment so that it looks like this:
                        else:
                            if display == 'axis':
                                print('Limit of 5 user buttons:\n"{}" is invalid\n'.format(line.strip()))
                            elif display == 'gmoccapy':
                                print('Limit of 4 user buttons:\n"{}" is invalid\n'.format(line.strip()))
                                if display == 'axis':
                                    outFile.write('# for the five user buttons in the main window\n')
                                elif display == 'gmoccapy':
                                    outFile.write('# for the four user buttons in the main window\n')
Last edit: 27 Dec 2019 21:46 by AgentWD40.

More
27 Dec 2019 21:54 #153321 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic PlasmaC
If you installed the stretch ISO and also compiled from source (run in place) and you want to run the compiled version, you need to always run the script as you open the terminal window
. ../linuxcnc-dev/scripts/rip-environment
This is mentioned in the Plasmac manual under 4.3
Note the syntax and spaces around the 3 dots.
So what this script does is set all the environment variables to point to the run in place (compiled) version.
If you don't do that, you will get the default 2.7 version installed in the menus. I think this explains your problem.

More
27 Dec 2019 23:08 #153338 by CNC32
Okay I just did a fresh install of the linuxcnc-stretch-uspace-amd64-r13.iso on a second hard drive.
The first command I put in the terminal was
sudo apt-get install git
I then tried to do a buildbot instillation and ran this command
sudo apt-key adv --keyserver hkp://keys.gnupg.net --recv-key E0EE663E
But it have me this error
Executing: /tmp/apt-key-gpghome.XaOr2uuPdu/gpg.1.sh --keyserver hkp://keys.gnupg.net --recv-key E0EE663E
gpg: failed to start the dirmngr '/usr/bin/dirmngr': No such file or directory
gpg: connecting dirmngr at '/tmp/apt-key-gpghome.XaOr2uuPdu/S.dirmngr' failed: No such file or directory
gpg: keyserver receive failed: No dirmngr
I then tried to do a run in place instillation so I put this command in the terminal
git clone git://github.com/linuxcnc/linuxcnc.git linuxcnc-dev
This worked great. I then put this command in the terminal
cd linuxcnc-dev/src
This also worked great. Then I tried this command
./autogen.sh
It gave me this
cnc@CNC-2:~/linuxcnc-dev/src$ ./autogen.sh
./autogen.sh: 6: ./autogen.sh: autoconf: not found
Pleas let me know what I am doing wrong. If I need to do another fresh install of linux to make it woke I am more than happy to do that. Thank you for all of the help you have given me so far.

More
28 Dec 2019 00:12 #153342 by phillc54
Replied by phillc54 on topic PlasmaC

CNC32 wrote:
But it have me this error
Executing: /tmp/apt-key-gpghome.XaOr2uuPdu/gpg.1.sh --keyserver hkp://keys.gnupg.net --recv-key E0EE663E
gpg: failed to start the dirmngr '/usr/bin/dirmngr': No such file or directory
gpg: connecting dirmngr at '/tmp/apt-key-gpghome.XaOr2uuPdu/S.dirmngr' failed: No such file or directory
gpg: keyserver receive failed: No dirmngr

Try in a terminal:
$ sudo apt-get install dirmngr
It is strange that this package is missing.
Doing the above should get going for a buildbot install.

It gave me this
cnc@CNC-2:~/linuxcnc-dev/src$ ./autogen.sh
./autogen.sh: 6: ./autogen.sh: autoconf: not found

To do a Run In Place install you need to follow these instructions:
linuxcnc.org/docs/master/html/code/building-linuxcnc.html
and especially these:
linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/code/buildi...g-Build-Dependencies
It may also be worth doing this in a terminal first:
$ sudo apt-get build-essential

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.140 seconds