Other installation methods and compiling LinuxCNC

More
27 Mar 2022 23:43 #238498 by tommylight
Well, what do you know, this proved to be very valuable for me, i have it running for over 3 hours wired to a Mesa 7i96 and it did not drop the link yet! :)
Just to be clear, this is a Dell Latitude E6510 that would drop the link in max. 30 seconds with any and all older installs, even Ubuntu 10.04 with RTAI, Wheezy with RTAI, Stretch with RT, Mint with RT and RTAI, no matter what i did it had unusable latency. It did work with RTAI and base period of 500000, but no go with Mesa.
Leme try to remove the power plug so it goes to batteries while it is running Gcode... OH HELL YES ! It does complain about latency delay but it WORKS, the link did not drop ! :) Me happy, i have 2 of the same and another E6410 that just got a new lease in life ! :)
$hit, it just occurred to me, i have some more laptops that did not work, like a Lenovo T420S with 2 graphics cards, 2 SSD and 2 batteries, all at the same time ! BTW, i hate the implementation they did with graphic cards, it is impossible to have 2 or more monitors at the same time, even when both work, the resolution is messed up.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.131 seconds