Ever more connection (Ethernet) icons, need to stop them

More
27 Feb 2023 11:14 #265492 by OliverLSedlacek
I've done a vanilla LinuxCNC 2.8.4 Debian 10 Buster PREEMPT-RT ISO installation, which basically seems to work fine 'out of the box'. There's a niggle though, in that on every boot up I get an additional 'Connection Wired Connection 1 (802.3 Ethernet)' icon appearing at the top of my desktop. It's getting out of hand, see screenshot, and I can't ignore it any more. How do I kill this behaviour?

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Feb 2023 11:31 - 27 Feb 2023 11:32 #265493 by rodw

I've done a vanilla LinuxCNC 2.8.4 Debian 10 Buster PREEMPT-RT ISO installation, which basically seems to work fine 'out of the box'. There's a niggle though, in that on every boot up I get an additional 'Connection Wired Connection 1 (802.3 Ethernet)' icon appearing at the top of my desktop. It's getting out of hand, see screenshot, and I can't ignore it any more. How do I kill this behaviour?

It might not be what you want to hear but I solved this by upgrading to bullseye but today it makes more sense to move to Bookworm because linuxcnc is in their repos.

I believe there is another solution
Last edit: 27 Feb 2023 11:32 by rodw.

More
More
27 Feb 2023 12:05 #265495 by OliverLSedlacek
Brilliant, as a Linux beginner I didn't even know it was called the nm-tray. All I needed was the sudo apt-get remove nm-tray. I'll be lookng at the other tips in that thread.

Time to create page: 0.149 seconds