linuxcnc-dev is missing?

More
16 Oct 2024 00:47 - 16 Oct 2024 01:24 #312214 by Benb
Replied by Benb on topic linuxcnc-dev is missing?
Couple of months ago I installed Linuxcnc rip on an intel i5 4the generation it installed flowlesslly. Try not to skip any steps, take your time don't rush otherwise you will have start all over again.
[edit] OOPS just realized that you loaded linuxcnc. You must start with Debian 12 os only nothing else. 
Last edit: 16 Oct 2024 01:24 by Benb.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Oct 2024 15:00 #312272 by marq_torque

Couple of months ago I installed Linuxcnc rip on an intel i5 4the generation it installed flowlesslly. Try not to skip any steps, take your time don't rush otherwise you will have start all over again.
[edit] OOPS just realized that you loaded linuxcnc. You must start with Debian 12 os only nothing else.

Hello Benb,
I have installed fresh Debian 12 and following the instruction in PDF,This is the result in first few commands

cnc@cnc:~$ sudo apt update
[sudo] password for cnc:
Ign:1 cdrom://[Debian GNU/Linux 12.7.0 _Bookworm_ - Official amd64 DVD Binary-1 with firmware 20240831-10:40] bookworm InRelease
Err:2 cdrom://[Debian GNU/Linux 12.7.0 _Bookworm_ - Official amd64 DVD Binary-1 with firmware 20240831-10:40] bookworm Release
  Please use apt-cdrom to make this CD-ROM recognized by APT. apt-get update cannot be used to add new CD-ROMs
Reading package lists... Done
E: The repository 'cdrom://[Debian GNU/Linux 12.7.0 _Bookworm_ - Official amd64 DVD Binary-1 with firmware 20240831-10:40] bookworm Release' does not have a Release file.
N: Updating from such a repository can't be done securely, and is therefore disabled by default.
N: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user configuration details.
cnc@cnc:~$ sudo apt upgrade
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading state information... Done
Calculating upgrade... Done
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
cnc@cnc:~$ sudo apt-get install -y build-essential autoconf libtool libtool-bin bison flex libssl-dev libelf-dev libacl1-dev
libncurses-dev dwarves fakeroot
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading state information... Done
Package flex is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source
However the following packages replace it:
  libfl2

Package bison is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source

E: Unable to locate package libtool-bin
E: Package 'bison' has no installation candidate
E: Package 'flex' has no installation candidate
E: Unable to locate package libelf-dev
E: Unable to locate package libacl1-dev
bash: libncurses-dev: command not found
cnc@cnc:~$

Attachments:

More
16 Oct 2024 20:27 - 16 Oct 2024 20:30 #312297 by Benb
Hi marq. I use the internet while following he instruction by cuting and passing from the pdf file. I dont use cd roms.

I only use usb key to burn debian12 using rufus, after that all the debian installation is done through the internet, same for preempt and linux cnc rip all files are loaded through the internet.

Once you get Debian running open a shell (command window) cut tfrom he pdf command and past them nto command line. And try not to skip steps
Dont try to upload files from cd rom they are probley no compatible with existing filesd. Use one and only command window until you complete the procedure
Last edit: 16 Oct 2024 20:30 by Benb.
The following user(s) said Thank You: marq_torque

More
17 Oct 2024 09:40 #312352 by marq_torque
Hello Benb,

No i'm not using CD-ROM I'm trying to follow PDF steps with internet. Let me know what i'm doing wrong how to correct.

Thank You

More
17 Oct 2024 23:25 #312444 by Benb
It looks like you have debian in your e drive and its trying read files from it.
E: Unable to locate package libtool-bin

E: Package 'bison' has no installation candidate

E: Package 'flex' has no installation candidate

E: Unable to locate package libelf-dev

E: Unable to locate package libacl1-dev

Time to create page: 0.072 seconds