asda A2-E brake use

More
12 Dec 2023 13:54 #287943 by bkt
asda A2-E brake use was created by bkt
hello at all ... I use delta asda a2E ... it work all good  for positioning and general use .... only a question that not find reply on manual as can see .... when press emergency it go in emergency and brake become active .... linuxcnc go in not-eneable state or pin halui.machine.is-on become false .... but when leave out emergency button halui.machine.is-on is still false because need to make a gui action before change state ... all good ... but delta brake is release when emergency stop is released ... (i use sto connector). I find not a parameter for fix these issue ..... the right desired brake working must be:
  • halui.machine.is-on = false -> brake must be active
  • machine is off -> brake must be active
  • sto is active -> brake must be active
  • halui.machine.is-on = TRUE -> brake CAN be released
But not find a way to do these ... actually brake work in these manner:
  • sto is active (emergency situation) -> brake is active
  • sto is non active (normal situation)  -> brake is released .... these if lcnc.is.on true or false too ...
If some delta user with more experience in these brand have some suggest I appreciate it.
Thaks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Dec 2023 19:37 #287967 by Unlogic
Replied by Unlogic on topic asda A2-E brake use
In my Delta B3 setup I let the drives control the brake. That way the brake is only released when there is no e-stop snd the drive is actually enabled.

More
12 Dec 2023 21:13 #287977 by chris@cnc
Replied by chris@cnc on topic asda A2-E brake use
yes, I do it the same way. When the amplifier is enabled, an output switches the relay for the brake. The outputs can be configured in the drive parameters. It is also called brake control and there are even parameters for a time delay for heavy axis. At the moment I still have the B2 drive. But I would like to upgrade to the A2 ethercat version. could you share your configs? At the moment I don't really have an idea how to talk to the drives with EtherCAT.

More
13 Dec 2023 09:38 - 13 Dec 2023 09:41 #288010 by bkt
Replied by bkt on topic asda A2-E brake use
so you use fwxx output of sto socket right? that is not certified as emergency output signal .... ... in these manner work .... but need safe external logic for safe use ....

thanks to all
Last edit: 13 Dec 2023 09:41 by bkt.

More
13 Dec 2023 15:37 #288051 by chris@cnc
Replied by chris@cnc on topic asda A2-E brake use
Sorry the b2 drive not have sto socket. Just simple serial I/O Connector and this should be save.
But i think EMG or halui should not control the brake. The drive unit is the one and only how know first i am ready to work. And always in loop to EMG. 

More
15 Dec 2023 06:56 #288187 by bkt
no worry .... but I hope someone can indicate some safe register or other trik in ethercet for drive the brake without extra wiring on asda drive.... manual is really poor on brake usage.

More
15 Dec 2023 07:31 #288191 by Unlogic
Replied by Unlogic on topic asda A2-E brake use
The very long manual for the B3 drives has some very clear examples of how the brake should be wired for safe operation using a DO output like me and Chris are using it.

More
19 Dec 2023 05:29 #288544 by bkt
sorry for misunderstand .... safe normally means safe .... so DO usage here until 2006 was admitted ... now need to have safe do and safe di .... and need to be twice everitime .... one contact only here is not consider safe .... I means these not other .... not sure a2-E and b3 can be consider a drive with a complete safe logic for EU law .....but may be i discover these study b3 and other delta manual ....

regards

Time to create page: 0.122 seconds