AC Servo Driver AASD 750W

More
24 Feb 2024 15:27 #294218 by pa_1
hello there,
could someone tell me how i can steer my China AC Servo Driver AASD 750W via Ethercat? I already connected the EK1100 and a few input and output terminals with LinuxCNC and now I  want to also connect my China Servo Driver. So the question I'm asking myself is, what beckhoff clamp i should use. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Feb 2024 18:37 #294230 by scottlaird
Are you trying to connect the existing servo driver, or just the servo? It looks like the first hit for "China AC Servo Driver AASD" is a modbus device, so you'd want to connect it via a RS-485 serial port, not EtherCAT. It looks like there are at least a few hits for people doing that here on the forum.

If it's actually an EtherCAT device, then it's probably using CiA 402. For today, you'd probably want to find an XML file from a similar device here and modify it to work. That'll get easier soon, but we're not quite there yet. Wiring-wise, you'd plug the "EtherCAT In" jack on the servo driver to the EtherCAT out jack on the Beckhoff EK1100 using an Ethernet cable, and it should be detected automatically.

Alternatively, if you really want EtherCAT and your driver doesn't have it (or an optional EtherCAT module that could be installed), you'd probably be looking for a replacement driver. I'm not sure which of the cheap AC servo drivers are best at the moment, unfortunately.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.075 seconds