Help Setting Up Device with no Vendor XML

More
07 Jul 2024 05:19 #304565 by roland.von.k@txrxlabs.org
I have a couple machines using beckhoff stuff and ethercat. 
I got a small 5 axis mill that seems to use analog and digital io cards from a company called cscam from south korea. 
I think they may have gone out of business, I am trying to contact them but with no response. 

I have been looking around and cant seem to figure out how to approach this. 
Everyone seems to say just get the xml from the vendor. 
If that isnt an option can I reverse engineer this? It seems I can get a list of the pdo and sdo from the slave via a running master. 
Then it seems like some sluething and some luck and I might be able to figure it out. 

While I continue to try to find the manufacturer might anyone be willing to just give me a heads up if this is a fools errand or possible with some work and some luck. 

The machine i have is missing the pc with controller but everything else is intact so if I can just get the ethercat analog and digital cards working I am done!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Jul 2024 10:01 #305761 by andypugh
XML is human-readable. You could try taking an existing XML and changing the relevant entries. Some guesswork may be required, but worst-case it will just not work, rather than cause damage (though disconnecting the motors from the axes might be a wise precaution)

More
21 Jul 2024 10:20 #305767 by rodw
Building an xml file for an I/O module is very easy
Start by typing ethercat slaves -v and record the vendor Id (vid) and product id (pid)
Then ethercat pdos and ethercat sdos will display all the information you need to write your xml

Time to create page: 0.141 seconds