Replied by EragonPower on topic Mes 7i76e Anschluss

Mes 7i76e Anschluss

Category: Deutsch

Hallo, die verkabelung scheint korrekt zu sein,
Grüße
06 Jan 2024 09:51

Yet another "error finishing read" with mesa 7i76e

Category: Driver Boards

Do you have a picture of your setup and wiring? Maybe we can directly see some emi issues. If it's finaly the problem I don't know. No matter what it is I would take care a bit of emi.
06 Jan 2024 09:44 - 06 Jan 2024 11:16

Yet another "error finishing read" with mesa 7i76e

Hello everybody,
I've been experiencing the dreaded "error finishing read" for the last three days, here are the commonly requested things in this situation:
  • Debian 12 Bookworm installed following the procedure listed on the probe basic website: kcjengr.github.io/probe_basic/quick_start.html
  • Linuxcnc 2.9.0~pre1+git20230208.f1270d6ed7-1
  • Ping to 7i76e in the 0.15/0.28 ms, CR3, CR4, CR5, CR6 count up as in normal operation
  • halcmd show param *.tmax doesn't show anything, but looking at hm2_7i76e.0.read.tmax with halmeter shows values in the upper 12.000.000
  • CR1 LED on after error
  • Power supply output 24.5/24.7V with ripples of +- 0.1V
  • Machine config @ github.com/EragonPower/LinuxCNCMachineConfiguration
  • Computer: AK34 Pro w/ Intel Celeron J3455 quad core@1.5GHz 6GB LDDR4, Dual Realtek Ethernet RL8111/8168/8411
  • The error happens with and without hyperthreading
  • Safe boot and fast boot off
  • Tryied to change ethernet cable from a standard server CAT5 to a CAT6 but nothing changed

Something that i've noticed is that these error waves come more frequent in some days than others, for example a month ago it only happend once in a week, yesterday it happend a few minutes after homing, today it happend as soon as Probe basic started.
    Frankly i don't know what to do, the only thing that comes in mind is that on the 7i76e manual suggest to ground the mesa using the high-left hole near the ethernet port.
    I'll try to ground it, but i'm not so sure about it considering the EMI interference of the VFD ecc, but maybe it could resolve something as yesterday the error appared as soon as i started the spindle.

It all looks like a witch hunt for me, maybe someone has a better idea. Thanks in advace to everybody that looks into this
06 Jan 2024 05:02

Mesa CT Huge Improvements Coming

Sounds much nicer. Sadly once you go over to the ethercat darkside you have to manually write your hal files wich takes me back to when there was no support in pncconf for the 7i76e (So I have mostly done my configs by hand anyway.
05 Jan 2024 20:32

Mesa 7i76e Spindel Setup in LinuxCNC Configuration

Category: Basic Configuration

For spindle synchronized motion you need to set the encoder scale
to the number of encoder counts per revolution (and you need index to work)
05 Jan 2024 20:24 - 06 Jan 2024 19:21

Mesa 7i76e Spindel Setup in LinuxCNC Configuration

Category: Basic Configuration

Hey,

after I get the XYZ running in gmoccapy I am at the spindel.
The hardware is connected, see attachted. Thats not the problem I think.

- Until now I configured closely 100% with PNC-Conf. But the spindle setup can not be done in pnc conf or can it?!
- Adding manual lines in .hal and .ini means I can never change my configuration with PNC-Conf again, right?

What I have done to get the spindle turning:
In .HAL I added:
# --- DIGITAL POTENTIOMETER OUTPUT SETUP ---
setp hm2_7i76e.0.7i76.0.0.spinout-minlim [SPINDLE_0]OUTPUT_MIN_LIMIT
setp hm2_7i76e.0.7i76.0.0.spinout-maxlim [SPINDLE_0]OUTPUT_MAX_LIMIT
setp hm2_7i76e.0.7i76.0.0.spinout-scalemax [SPINDLE_0]OUTPUT_SCALE

net spindle-vel-cmd-rpm-abs <= spindle.0.speed-out-abs => hm2_7i76e.0.7i76.0.0.spinout
net spindle-ccw <= spindle.0.reverse => hm2_7i76e.0.7i76.0.0.spindir
net spindle-enable <= spindle.0.on => hm2_7i76e.0.7i76.0.0.spinena

In .INI I added the last 3 vars:
[SPINDLE_0]
P = 0
I = 0
D = 0
FF0 = 1
FF1 = 0
FF2 = 0
BIAS = 0
DEADBAND = 0
MAX_OUTPUT = 2000
OUTPUT_MIN_LIMIT = 0
OUTPUT_MAX_LIMIT = 10000
OUTPUT_SCALE = 10000

At this point I can switch on the spindle and set the speed. My spindle has max 10k RPM so 1:1 to the GUI displayed value.

- How can I connect my encoder (spindle speed feedback) to the GUI and set the spindle is at speed window in accordance to this feedback?
The encoder feedback is working in the HALshow. Just A and B Encoder is ok. Index Signal is not wokring. The calculated velocity speed is about factor 66 to 69 (Could the factor be 2/3? I have resolver feedback in the motor. No discrete encoder). That means the velocity = 66 * real speed of motor.

- In the GUI there is a fixed value (6.000) in the grey bar below spindle control. I think this is the feedback value, right? Here I will need my 10.000 RPM. The red LEP will change to Green, when the spindle is "at Speed" / "in defined window" , correct?

- Just for understanding: When I will try to do synchronized tapping / threading then the Z Axis will be feeded in the spindle speed by the encoder feedback, correct?!

Have a nice weekend
04 Jan 2024 18:23

Mesa i76e error finishing read. Another Time with LinuxCNC 2.9.1

Hi,

I read a lot of this issue so sorry for opening another topic but i don´t get it working.

- Using a mesa 7i76e
- Error occurs after 30 minutes to about 2 hours runtime.
- I allready disabled the CPU power safe options (i read in other topics here), see attached
- I allready increased the servo thread time to 2 ms - same issue
- My Ethernetcard is an Intel I219-LM
- CPU is i5 6500T
- Kernel version PREEMPT_RT Debian 6.1.55-1 (2023-09-23)

What I read in some other threads is that I have to disable something in IRQ coalsion Setting for an Intel network card. But I have absolutely no idea how I should do this? This seems to be the only thing I do not did for now. Can somebody introduce me step by step?

BR
Jannik
03 Jan 2024 19:07

Mesa 7i76E HY Spindle Coolant Best Practices

Category: General LinuxCNC Questions

I wouldn't bother using the HY VFD's functions.

You can use LCNC's timing function(s) to let the pump run for a set period of time after the spindle is stopped.  My spindle fan is set in HAL to turn on after 30 seconds of operation and stay on 2 minutes after the spindle is shut down.  The 30 seconds is to stop the fan coming on during quickie testing or if it's just orienting for a tool change.

Have a look at timedelay.comp in the manual.  You can connect spindle.N.on (see motion comp) to timedelay.N.in and timedelay.N.out to the water pump.
03 Jan 2024 12:19 - 03 Jan 2024 12:21

Mesa 7i76E HY Spindle Coolant Best Practices

Category: General LinuxCNC Questions

On my water cooled spindle I have it setup when I power the system on the coolant for the spindle starts to flow. I did it this way so after a long run the pump will keep the water flowing so it can keep cool after the run is done and it will cool down a lot faster. 
03 Jan 2024 11:37 - 03 Jan 2024 21:35

Stepper Treiber Alarm Ausgang

Hallo,
ich bin gerade dabei meine Fräse auf Closed Loop Stepper umzurüsten und bin auf ein Problem gestossen.
Hier die Daten zur Maschine:
LinuxCNC Version 2.8.4
gmoccapy 3.1.3.8
Mesa7i76e
Ich möchte nun die Alarm Ausgänge der Steppertreiber (RTTAM Motor HSS60) nutzen und im Fehlerfall eines Treibers die ganze Maschine bzw. die Treiber abschalten. Ich habe das über Funktion joint.N.amp-fault-in. Leider haben diese Treiber die Eigenheit, dass beim Einschalten der Alarmausgang kurz aktiv ist und daher die Treiber wieder abschaltet werden (habe das aktuell über die Stromversorgung der Treiber gelöst).  Ich habe andere Treiber getestet. Die haben das Problem nicht. Leider passen diese aber nicht zu den Stepper die zum Einsatz kommen.

Meine Idee, ist nun, beim Einschalten der Maschine bzw. der Treiber einen Delay für die Abfrage der Eingänge zu haben. Leider lief meine Suche nach einer Software Lösung bis jetzt ins Leere. Hat jemand eine Idee? Falls das nicht über die Stromversorgung der Treiber funktioniert, kann ich die Funktion joint.N.amp-enable-out für die Deaktivierung der Treiber im Fehlerfall nutzen? Wie würde ich die mit dem estop verknüpfen?
Für die Spindel und den Notaustaster habe ich den estop so gelöst:

net estop-fu => logic.0.in-00 # Mesa Input 20 (Alarm FU) -> logic.0.in-00
#net motor-alarm-z => logic.0.in-01 # Mesa Input 31 (Alarm Z) -> logic.0.in-01
net estop-switch => logic.0.in-01 # Mesa Input 21 (Not aus Schalter) -> logic.0.in-02
net estop-ext <= logic.0.and # IO, sobald ein Eingang (Nothalt oder Z/FU Alarm) auf low ist.
net estop-out <= iocontrol.0.user-enable-out net estop-ext => iocontrol.0.emc-enable-in

Wäre es besser, die Spindelnotabschaltung und den Notaustaster auch über die joint Funktionen zu lösen?

Danke für eure Hilfe.

Norbert
02 Jan 2024 23:41

Looking for feedback on stepgen setup

Looking to validate my thoughts on setup here.

For reference, I have: And some assumptions/assertions/questions I have are:
  • Because I have an fpga:
    • I use the HostMot2 driver in a servo thread
    • I don't need to worry about latency (as this is for software stepping)
  • The mesa's step frequency is 0 to 500 kHz
    • I need to calculate my steps/in knowing my steps/rev to thread pitch
    • The pulses then must be less than (500kHz / 1e6) == .5 per μs? For each motor or all three?
  • My drivers Step Pulse times are 2.5 μs, and steps on the falling edge (I think?)
    • I would set the STEPLEN to 2500 and STEPSPACE to 0?
  • My drivers direction setup is 5 μs, but I have no idea what the hold time is? 5 μs also?
    • I would set the DIRSETUP to 5000 and DIRHOLD to 5000?
02 Jan 2024 14:35
Replied by PCW on topic Mesa CT and 7i97T

Mesa CT and 7i97T

The spindle pins would be:
hm2_7i76e.0.7i76.0.3.spindir
hm2_7i76e.0.7i76.0.3.spinena
hm2_7i76e.0.7i76.0.3.spinout
 and spindle parameters:
hm2_7i76e.0.7i76.0.3.spindir-invert
hm2_7i76e.0.7i76.0.3.spinena-invert
hm2_7i76e.0.7i76.0.3.spinout-maxlim
hm2_7i76e.0.7i76.0.3.spinout-minlim
hm2_7i76e.0.7i76.0.3.spinout-scalemax

You can list all the hardware pins/parameters with:

halcmd show all hm2

(when LinuxCNC is running)

01 Jan 2024 15:34

Mes 7i76e Anschluss

Servus miteinander,
vor kurzem hab ich auf kleinanzeigen eine Mesa 7i76 bekommen.
In diesem Beitrag  My 7i76e Connection Sheet#85072 hab ich eine gute Anschlussanleitung gefunden.
Da ich auch Nummer sicher gehen will, damit nix kaputt geht, wollte ich die Community nochmal drüber schauen lassen.
Ich hoffe, dass ich nix falsch angeschlossen habe

Gruß und ein gutes neues Jahr
Christoph
26 Dec 2023 09:13 - 26 Dec 2023 09:15

MESA 7i97T, unable to ping board, strange lamp behavior

Hi all.

My card arrived today :-D

This took me some time to figure out what was going on and some time to figure out (well, 99.99% sure) that its not the controlling PC, but is the board itself.
  1. I have setup as per tutorial by Tommylight at www.forum.linuxcnc.org/27-driver-boards/...ethernet-mesa-boards (Thanks!)
  2. I have confirmed that I can connect my PC by ethernet cable to my homes network and ping other devices
  3. i have tried using both the default jumper settings of DOWN DOWN to select 192.168.1.121 as well as DOWN UP to select 10.10.10.10 addresses, all fail to return a ping.
  4. The board flashes as per this video when it is connected to my home network or direct to my control PC
    1. without connection to another device or network, only the yellow power lamp is illuminated.

I hope someone can give me some tips :-) I have not tried mesaflash or anything like that yet- but it seems pointless if I cannot even get it to ping back to me.

I hope someone can fire some wisdom my way :-D 

PS, thats my dog snoring in the background, not me breathing, haha
24 Dec 2023 15:52

mesa 7i96e+7i85s encoder problem

If you have only one 7I85S, it should connect to P1

The only disadvantage of using the 7i85sx2 firmware with one
7I85S is that if you need the encoder on the 7I76E, you will
need to enable 9 encoders in the driver command line and there will be
4 wasted encoder accesses every servo thread cycle, though this
only adds a minor amount of time to the communications (about 7 usec)
Displaying 286 - 300 out of 638 results.
Time to create page: 1.875 seconds