Advanced Search

Search Results (Searched for: 7i76e)

05 May 2023 20:01

Tracking down stuttering (deb-12, LinuxCNC-2.9)

Category: Installing LinuxCNC

I think you are back learning how to use halscope and follow PCW's advice.
Is the keyboard a wireless one by chance? if so replace it with wired.

Many people have had excellent results with Bookworm.
Many people are using Linuxcnc 2.9 without issues (myself included)
Many people are using the 7i96s without issue including with 2.9 and Bookworm.
Everything points to an external issue but you need to fire up halscope to eliminate the software/mesa side of tihngs

If you are not using the spindle encoder, or PCW can give you the ENC inputs of the 7i76e with a bitfile, look at wiring a MPG direct to the Mesa card to avoid the keyboard,

I'm waiting for the PREEMPT_RT patch to be pushed to the mainline code. I think that missed the 6.4 kernel but might be on the 6.5 kernel. That will be a kernel worth building!
05 May 2023 14:58

Amp fault setup... joint.X.amp-fault-in

Category: HAL

Hi,
I'm trying to set up the amp faults and have one little issue.
My custom.HAL has this:

# --- X drive ALM ---
net x-fault => joint.0.amp-fault-in <= hm2_7i76e.0.7i76.0.0.input-16-not

# --- Y drive ALM ---
net y-fault => joint.1.amp-fault-in <= hm2_7i76e.0.7i76.0.0.input-17-not

# --- Z drive ALM ---
net z-fault => joint.2.amp-fault-in <= hm2_7i76e.0.7i76.0.0.input-18-not

...and it works fine to stop the machine and produce an error message. What I'd like to change is the reset. After rebooting the amp(s) and clearing the fault, Linuxcnc holds onto the fault condition (gmoccapy), and the machine won't turn on. I need to close and restart lcnc.

Thanks in advance.
04 May 2023 21:07

What are the connectors on the MESA 7i76e called?

Category: Driver Boards

Not sure, but the molex 395000 3.5mm connector looks pretty good. Just top entry not side...

04 May 2023 14:47

[Suche] Grüne Stecker für Mesa Karte

Category: Deutsch

Hallo zusammen,

auf meiner Mesa Karte sind so grüne Stecker, leider sind die immer in 6er Paaren zusammen.

Ich würde mir die gerne als Solo Stecker besorgen, also 1Polig.
Aber wie heißen die Stecker, gibt es die überhaupt 1Polig?
Worauf muss ich achten, dass ich auch die richtige Größe habe?

Bei den induktiven Sensoren muss man 3 Kabel an verschiedenen Stellen anschließen und wenn, dann möchte ich diese mit 1Poligen Steckern versehen, so dass man sie auch nur ausstecken kann, ohne gleich 5 weitere zu kappen.

Hat jemand eine Idee?

gruß Mücke

beispiel nicht meine Karte!
02 May 2023 15:45

5 Axis TCP Simultaneous Kinematics Fusion 360 setup Mesa 7i76e

Category: Advanced Configuration

Hey Rod,
I ended up chickening out, or rather, I want to be using a 5 axis continuous machine sooner rather than later and the learning curve for setting up a DIY 5 axis machine with LinuxCNC + Mesa card would take a lot of time and there is a fair level of uncertainty involved. I'm not abandoning the idea of using LinuxCNC down the road and I'll probably start smaller, by adding a 4th axis to one of my 3 axis machines.
Another reason for this decision is that none of my current 3 axis CNCs has enough Z height to accommodate the AC unit without major surgery. I could convert my manual mill, which has a tall Z, to CNC, but then that's more time and money, etc.
So, I'm ordering a desktop 5 axis machine from China from RobotDigg.
I wanted to give an update and thank everyone who chimed in to help me make this decision. I truly appreciate it.
The more you know, the more you realize that you don't know.
Cheers!
Tyler
29 Apr 2023 14:19

Ignore Limits option grayed out

Category: Gmoccapy

Limits should always trigger, no matter what.
Probably something not right in the config.
How many switches per axis/joint?
how are they wired and to what board?

It's a typical 3 axis mill (G0704). Each axis has 3 switches, minimum and maximum limits and a home switch. The "switches" are PNP, normally closed inductive proximity sensors. They are wired to a Mesa 7i76E FPGA card, each to a separate input terminal. They are powered by the same 24VDC Meanwell power supply that powers the Mesa card. I set them up using PncConf Wizard selecting the appropriate selection(s), i.e. => Mesa Card 0 => 7I76 I/O (SS# 0) => [function] Limits => Main Axis => X Maximum Limit... and so on for the minimums and homes.  

I think an important thing to note here is that all of the limit switches operate as they should, as does gmoccapy clearing the ignore limits checkbox, if the limit switches are activated prior to homing.

The Home switches also work properly for homing sequences either individually or home-all.
I only see the problem after the mill is homed and only if the limit switch is inside the soft limits. I duplicated the same issue on two axis Y- and Z+.

Another clue that may be important... I tried to duplicate the problem on the Z+ limit, first by homing only the Z axis. With the Z axis homed and the X & Y not homed, the limit switch operated normally. Even when inside the soft limits. Once ALL axis were homed the problem appeared on the Z+ limit switch, also (with the limit switch inside the soft limits).

When the problem occurs (the limit switch is ignored when the "Ignore Limits" checkbox is unchecked) the Ignore Limits checkbox toggles from greyed-out to active when the limit switch is activated. So, the system is seeing the limit switch, it's just not doing anything about it.
28 Apr 2023 22:12

Thanks a lot again - I actually wrote to the original seller in parallel, and even though I bought it more than a year ago he responded that he will look for them, so hopefully he will find and send them.
28 Apr 2023 22:06

Probably can send you some after 15.05
In the mean time, let me know if you find them, it is hard to send anything from here, or to here.
28 Apr 2023 20:17 - 28 Apr 2023 20:17

Ah-ha. Jep, those sound like it. Sadly, also not finding them in the EU.
I bought my card used, never got the connectors.
28 Apr 2023 19:49

Ah, never dawned on me to check at MESA. The closest thing I find there is this though:

store.mesanet.com/index.php?route=produc...74_80&product_id=230

Which I *guess* I could order just for the headers, and hope that they fit... I'm in the EU though, and EuSurplus doesn't seem to have that.
28 Apr 2023 19:34

Thanks a lot for the offer! I'll wait if someone knows what they are.
28 Apr 2023 19:34

Where are you located?

These are available From Mesa

Displaying 646 - 659 out of 659 results.
Time to create page: 0.840 seconds