Advanced Search

Search Results (Searched for: thc)

29 Apr 2013 19:51
Replied by mariusl on topic THC300 float switch config

THC300 float switch config

Category: General LinuxCNC Questions

I understand what G92.1 does. I am asking if you have any suggestions to overcome that in my setup. The Z has a home switch right at the top of the travel and the job is as far as 200mm down from there.
29 Apr 2013 20:00
Replied by BigJohnT on topic THC300 float switch config

Can you supply more information, I don't understand what your trying to do...

John
29 Apr 2013 20:24

Ok - here goes.
The gantry of the plasma is about 200mm high (from the job). It has a limit/home switch at the top where the zero sits after the homing cycle. I have floating head with a limit switch that has travel between open and close so I have to do a G38.2 to probe downwards and then a G38.4 to get the switch to open again. Now with the z max limit set at 5mm away from the home switch, you can see that the G38.4 will have a problem to move to 50mm. Axis will not allow it.

This is the touchoff code.
o<touchoff> sub
(#1 pierce height, #2 pierce delay, #3 cut height, #4 switch offset)
F500
G38.2 Z-200 (Probe to find the surface)
G38.4 Z50 (Probe to find the switch open)
G91
G1 Z#4 (Raise up to Offset of switch)
G90
G92 Z0 (Set Z0)
G1 Z#1
M3 S1
M66 P0 L3 Q5 (Wait for Arc OK from Torch)
G4 P#2 (Pause for pierce delay)
F500
Z#3 (goto cut height)
o<touchoff> endsub
M2
29 Apr 2013 20:59

That's why I just do a relative move to move after the G38.2 move to raise the torch the material Z0 then set my G92 offset for Z.

To do it your way you would have to set the G92 offset before the G38.4 move then set G92 after or be in G91 relative mode before the G38.4 move.

John
29 Apr 2013 21:09

Thanks John, I will try that. I am probably getting confused between the absolute and incremental states.
29 Apr 2013 21:13

Yes the G38.4 Z50 (Probe to find the switch open) in absolute mode wants to go as far as Z50 and with Z5 as your limit you get the error.

John
05 May 2013 07:00

Mesa THCAD With Parallel Port Setup

Category: Basic Configuration

I had a chance to hook up the THC and attempt some testing. I hoping to get more help here. Using the signal watch in HAL config, I see the the thc-vel-in is not very stable and wonder if it should be. With the THC frequency divided by 64 and using the F0+ terminal for input, I have a thc-vel-in reading that bounces back and forth from 146.xxxx to 170.xxxx at 0 volts. With the input voltage at 9.25v, the thc-vel-in bounces back and forth from 170.xxxx to 204.xxxx

Would this be normal and I can move forward in my testing, or do I have bigger problems? Thanks for any input!!

Paul
05 May 2013 07:47

Is this a 300V full scale THCAD or 10V full scale? Those are not bad numbers if its 300V FS.

In any case for software monitoring you will have to put the velocity signal through the low pass
component to get useable resolution.
05 May 2013 08:43

Is this a 300V full scale THCAD or 10V full scale? Those are not bad numbers if its 300V FS.

In any case for software monitoring you will have to put the velocity signal through the low pass
component to get useable resolution.

This is the THCAD 10v version. What do you mean when the velocity signal needs to be put through the low pass filter component?
05 May 2013 09:09

OK so the encoder frequency should have changed by a factor of about 8 from 0 to 9.25v so something is wrong with counting (the encoder component setup perhaps)

Is the encoder counter in count mode?

What is your base thread rate? (the /64 output of the THCAD might be as high at 16 KHz full scale)

The lowpass filter is needed to improve the voltage signal resolution when counted in software
the software encoder counter velocity output has a resolution of about

servo_thread_period / base_thread_period

Which is likely to be only be 20 to 50 at the most (so 2% to 5% noise)
To improve this the signal must be low pass filtered. This is done by using the
lowpass HAL component
05 May 2013 19:37

I am using the thc examples I found in the 2.5.1 setup files. I don't think I have it count mode and am sure I'm not using the lowpass HAL component. I am starting to search through the HAL examples/docs to get a better handle on this. Thanks for the help, PCW. Although I'm not close, I have a better understanding (barely) of where I need to go.
PK
19 May 2013 19:03 - 19 May 2013 19:05

THC Up Down Simulator

I created a THC (Torch Height Control) Up Down simulator based on the Axis simulator.

This simulation is to demonstrate how the thcud component works with an Up Down Plasma THC device.

In order to use this simulation you will have to install the thcud.comp that is attached to this message.
if you don't have dev installed open a terminal and say

sudo apt-get install linuxcnc-dev

to install open a terminal and cd to where the file is and use the following command

sudo comp --install thcud.comp

Example terminal session
john@zotac:~$ cd linuxcnc/thcud
john@zotac:~/linuxcnc/thcud$ sudo comp --install thcud.comp
[sudo] password for john: 
make KBUILD_EXTRA_SYMBOLS=/usr/realtime-2.6.32-122-rtai/modules/linuxcnc/Module.symvers -C /usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.32-122-rtai SUBDIRS=`pwd` CC=gcc V=0 modules
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.32-122-rtai'
  CC [M]  /tmp/tmpcdtSzo/thcud.o
  Building modules, stage 2.
  MODPOST 1 modules
  CC      /tmp/tmpcdtSzo/thcud.mod.o
  LD [M]  /tmp/tmpcdtSzo/thcud.ko
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.32-122-rtai'
cp thcud.ko /usr/realtime-2.6.32-122-rtai/modules/linuxcnc/
john@zotac:~/linuxcnc/thcud$ 

JT
31 May 2013 20:32
Replied by Paul on topic THC control

THC control

Category: Advanced Configuration

Roberto,

I wanted to thank you for your vlcdthc work and files. I have your setup working on my table in test mode. Thank you very much!

Paul

Hoping someone will find it useful

File Attachment:

File Name: vlcdthc.gz
File Size:98 KB

01 Jun 2013 06:37
Replied by tommylight on topic THC control

THC control

Category: Advanced Configuration

Hi all

I was writing a new comp for thc boxes.

FIRST OF ALL I AM NOT A PROGRAMMER
So ,please, apologize if the program has a bad style

I believe is now ready for testings ( I am using it since two mounts and look fine ...)

BUT STILL EXPERIMENTAL (off course:-)

Hoping someone will find it useful

File Attachment:

File Name: vlcdthc.gz
File Size:98 KB

Thank you for that, gave it a try today and made most of the things work just fine, but, the Zaxis is messing up badly. I removed the "voltage" pins since all i have for signals is arc_ok up down and thc enable with torch on, that is all working. The Z problem and the float switch is totally ignored as a home switch, Z moves the set distance at normal speed and as soon as it reaches the set value it speeds up immensely, giving an M3 moves the Z axes randomly again at various speeds ( mostly way beyond what machine can handle ). If i get a torch start raising and lowering the metal it moves the head just fine up and down. I did say "IF" . The Z positioning is............... never mind, will fidle some more with it soon.
Thanks again, and i will post details when and if i make it work.
Regards,
Tom
18 Jun 2013 15:53 - 18 Jun 2013 15:58

Another questoon about THC component

Category: HAL

Hello gentlemen.All my attempts to use voltage tolerance in THC comp have failed. When I try to uncomment the line 'net thc-volts-tol pyvcp.volts-tolerance thc.volts-tol' in my postgui.hal I have an error: pin thc.volts-tol doesn't exist. Indeed, I can't see this pin in a Hal meter. Although my project is located in only early phase I plan to use voltage tolerance to avoid Z jitter. (Maybe I'm wrong). I would like to ask you how can I put on the volts-tolerance function if it's possible at all. My hardware are THCAD and 5i20, soft LinuxCNC 2.5.0 and config files are below. I will be really greatful for your help.
Andrew
Displaying 106 - 120 out of 5066 results.
Time to create page: 2.752 seconds