Is someone using Gmoccapy Plasma ?

More
06 Nov 2015 19:22 #64886 by Michael80
yes, you are right, if you delay only some milliseconds.

but i tested a little bit with the inputs, i take off all the inputs from the switches and the e-stop, and the system broke also down, so it seems that the noise come over other cables directly into the BOB, so no help if i delay the E-stop signal, cause it comes from internal

I will ask benezan, if he had it before.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Nov 2015 19:57 #64889 by mariusl
The debounce component will work as it is software debounce not hardware. The noise is generated in the hardware.

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

More
06 Nov 2015 21:07 #64891 by Michael80
no it will not work, because hardware is not releasing the e-stop, It remains in E-Stop till i power off

More
06 Nov 2015 21:15 #64892 by mariusl
Ok that sounds a bit strange. Does the hardware have a special Estop function? Normally it is just a switch.

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

More
06 Nov 2015 21:34 #64894 by Michael80
i asked the manufacturer about it, on the website i found following description:

All-in-one controller with breakoutboard and three motor drivers, very small size (100 x 102 x 55mm)
* For use with Mach3, EMC², WinPCNC or similar CNC software
* Quick and easy mounting (DIN rail) and wiring in only a few minutes
* For two-phase stepper motors from NEMA17 to NEMA34, 1.4 to 5 amperes, 42 to 86 mm flange
* Single supply voltage 24 to 55VDC
* Full protection against short circuit, overtemperature and overvoltage (back EMF)
* Very smooth and silent operation due to true sine waveform without staircasing
* No need for high step frequencies, 1/10 microstep mode runs as smooth as 1/64 or higher resolutions on other drivers
* Made in Germany, in house development and production
* Optional fourth axis with external driver
* Two relay outputs for spindle motor, coolant pump or other devices
* Four inputs for limit switches (mechanical or proximity)
* Charge pump circuit avoids unwanted moves during boot up of PC
* 0..10V output for spinle speed (frequency inverter)
* High efficiency means little heating

I think that this one

* Full protection against short circuit, overtemperature and overvoltage (back EMF)

could be the problem

More
06 Nov 2015 21:45 #64895 by andypugh

I think that this one
could be the problem

My money is on
"* Charge pump circuit avoids unwanted moves during boot up of PC"

Have you configured a charge pump ?

More
06 Nov 2015 22:07 #64900 by Michael80
yes, chargepump is configured well.

i now tested a little bit, and saw that tne LED´s are not showing an E-Stop, they are showing an axis fault or overheating of the BOB. I will first do grounding on all the screenings, then we can look further about it.

More
09 Nov 2015 14:39 #65012 by benezan

ook, so i need more space in my panel :P

Is this a plastic box? If yes there is no chance this will ever work. Plasma cutting is the worst case for EMI. You have to use a shielded metal cabinet and proper star grounding, that means:
* the cabinet has to be connected to the machine base at only one point.
* Any cable shields have to be connected to the cabinet directly where they enter
* The power supply and the triple beast must be grounded (mounted on the base plate inside the cabinet with metal screws or on a DIN rail)
* Keep motor and sensor cables as far away from the torch cable as possible. Do not route them directly next to each other.
* connect the return cable of the plasma current source directly to the workpiece support grid so that no cutting current flows through the machine base and ground connections
* also ground all moving parts of the machine (bearings don't count as ground connection)
* isolate the current source completely from the electronics box. Use optocouplers or relays for all signals, especially plasma-on and arc-good.

More
29 Jan 2016 08:27 #69219 by Michael80
ok so far so good,

after replacing the plastic Box with a metal one, it is much better,

but if the torch is firing up near the box it will cause the exception. if its fired up about 80cm far away or more, it is working properly with 100% suceed.

Any workarounds that i can use my complete table?

More
26 Mar 2016 04:00 #72168 by islander261
Hello

This is a bit of a thread jack so if the mods want this as a new topic please move.

I have just gotten gmoccapy_plasma running on my desk top connected to a 7I76E and THCad. By playing with the hal file I have all the unconnected limits and homing switches idling in their unactivated state. I want to get this working for my plasma table refit over the next few months ( see TM2 Plasma Refit thread in CNC machines). I presently have the gantry component installed and working as far as the hal testing goes. I want to use the THC component or a derivative of it for THC. But first a couple of quick questions. How do I manually home my desk top system that has no physical switches yet? I have the main display working and displaying in imperial units now, how do I get the THC section on the display to work in imperial units? I will have many questions on modifying the display as I move forward. Please be patient because I will no doubt use the wrong terminology when asking questions.

John

Moderators: newbynobiHansU
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds